Thread: Lanes Tempered Darts

Lanes Tempered Darts

Now FOR SALE.

Valuation only prior to sale.
    I have got a box of Lanes Tempered Darts and was wondering if there would be any interest if advertised.
    They are a full set of 1 dozen in various colours. Unused
    Size No. 3
    The box is in good condition with the label peeled of on one side only.
    Pictures to be posted soon as possoble.
    Last edited by weebeestie; 25-05-2009 at 06:03 PM.

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    I would certainly be interested in these if you were to offer them for sale, and I am sure that so would others, so why not post a pic, fix a price and give it a go?

edbear2 Guest
    Ditto!.the normal "form" ie. BBS ettiquette sales wise, would be to post some photos, and ask for "valuation prior to sale please", as these are .25 cal and may fetch some interest.......when and if people have finished giving any advice, info, and more importantly, their estimate of a fair price, then it is normal to open a new thread, "darts for sale" etc. either here, or in the for sale section (people often put in the sales section, and post a link on this one to get more views) ATB ed

Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm
    Pics
    1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut

Without any decent what Neil?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

edbear2 Guest
    Weebeastie......not as early an example as I thought from your first post....the 1902 advert I have seen for lanes tempered darts...(in reproduced form)....also mentions the lanes ball trigger (gem type) rifle on the box.....However, being .25 cal I would guess these at 1920's in period at the latest.....I am only going on related pellet tins here, and may be off the mark....but in any case they are in super nick for the age.......

Value wise, no one has had a punt yet.......£20 - £25 would be my estimation, but again I have never seen any more, so the right person with a smoothbore heavy militia for example may think thats cheap!....(or expensive).....sorry mate ...there is no glasses guide for this stuff, I check prices of pellets at auctions and online, so can normally estimate a close hammer price....but some things bomb and some go through the roof

Hope this is all not too confusing and of some assistance, and good luck if you do decide to sell them

Thanks for hosting pics Neil.
    edbear2, thanks for your info.
    I was given these darts along with other items by a workmate cleaning out a shed of his deceased father inlaw. A keen shooter.
    As they may have a value I have offered them back.
    I will leave it a few days to see if anymore info comes through and then its his decision what to do.
    Cheers to all.

Hi,
    According to Hiller, Lanes made the Musketeer rifle from 1903 to 1910, so that should help date them.

Cheers
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by weebeestie View Post
    Thanks for hosting pics Neil.
    edbear2, thanks for your info.
    I was given these darts along with other items by a workmate cleaning out a shed of his deceased father inlaw. A keen shooter.
    As they may have a value I have offered them back.
    I will leave it a few days to see if anymore info comes through and then its his decision what to do.
    Cheers to all.
    A REAL GENT........you are mate....it restores my faith a bit when people do stuff like this..ed

Darts

These darts are now FOR SALE.

The proceeds will be going back to origional owners wife so keep that in mind.
    Only a few prices given but as they are dated around 1910 and in good nick for their age they can go for,

£35 posted

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    I would like to take these - nice age to them, and the rarer calibre in darts means they will also get some actual use with my vintage Gems and Buglespanner. You have PM.

Darts

Now Sold

Thanks to all for their input.