Thread: Best place for Diopter sights? (UK)

Question Best place for Diopter sights? (UK)

Hi folks,
    I'm looking to have a go at 'Sporter Air Rifle' and so am looking for a set of diopter sights suitable for a 'normal' air rifle (Webley Eclipse, Anschutz 335 etc).
    I gather Crosman do a good set, but so far I haven't found any on sale in the UK. Can anyone recommend a UK shop that stocks them?
    Ta!

edinkillie or intershoot are good places to start, but they tend to be for target stuff, so they can be expensive (the diopters)

Ta for that, I did have a look there (and also the NRSA shop) but they're the top grade serious stuff starting at £150+ for each part. PyramidAir do the full Crosman set (rear and fore) for $99 so I was hoping to find a stockist somewhere in the UK for them as I gather the shipping times can be a bit hit and miss. I gather Gamo also do a cheapish set and then there's the ones used on the AA T200.
    At the moment it seems the general shooting shops only do full telescopic or red dot sights, and the target suppliers only do the high grade Anschutz, Centra or Gehmann pieces that are probably twice the value of the guns I'll be using!

I can see Blue Peter time approaching... I'm thinking a toilet roll, some gaffer tape, a bit of sticky back plastic and a lollypop stick.....

You could try something like a cheapo Gamo diopter (140321572831 on the auction site). There used to be lots of them around but supply seems to have dried up for some reason.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Ta for that!
    Fleabay here I come......

City Air Weapons & Firearms Solihull ( 01217421329) do a set for around £25.00, some of the guys in our local Bell Target leagues use them for 6yd, they seem to be more than adequate. Just one small point, the adjustment knobs have to be turned the opposite way, like the "old English" sights, to the modern European diopters of today.
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!