Thread: Pro Elite .177 Valuation

Pro Elite .177 Valuation

A friend of mine has an Air Arms Pro Elite .177 with RH very nicely grained Walnut stock, in immaculate condition, and would like to know it's current value.
    No pictures available at present.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post

A friend of mine has an Air Arms Pro Elite .177 with RH very nicely grained Walnut stock, in immaculate condition, and would like to know it's current value.
    No pictures available at present.
    Imo £400 plus post and rising. Have arrived at this figure as std beech examples in .22 go for £300+ plus post, so after factoring in the calibre of your friend's rifle, coupled with the walnut it wears, without photos, £400 and rising, is where I've arrived . Hope this helps.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Although undoubtedly a beautiful gun it is a real powerhouse running at low power, a .177 break barrel springer - so a real mixture of contradictions.

I would value it at around £275.00

Pro elite

Yep £400+p/p
    atb
    steve

I paid £400, 16 months ago, when the market was GOOD, i would suggest he start at that, then drop if no takers, but don't go below £360.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Imo £400 plus post and rising. Have arrived at this figure as std beech examples in .22 go for £300+ plus post, so after factoring in the calibre of your friend's rifle, coupled with the walnut it wears, without photos, £400 and rising, is where I've arrived . Hope this helps.
    Good reasoning- I'd second that. I paid over £300 for each of the PEs I have and read somewhere the .177 is quite a bit rarer- so would hike it quite a bit. The walnut is also a very big plus. All of this depends on overall condition of course.
    Be nice to see some pics of this one

Dave

Thanks for all the responses so far.
    Pictures are a problem, as the rifle is not local and the owner is not online.

I agree with Gareth's £400 estimate (as the owner of a beech one in excellent condition)

My question is this....

Is the stock definately Walnut ? as PE were only standard beech from AA unless it was one of the few they did for US market (plus special chequering / figured walnut / blueing etc etc) in which case I think dijon (?) on here had one for sale at £1K

The Pro/Elite was an option in walnut,i have one in 177 and a 22 in beech.
    Both guns have been v-glide tuned,and shoot nothing like a standard 12 lbs gun.I payed over £400 for my 177 in walnut but it was in mint condition.
    Regards
    les

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by BSFNUT View Post

Is the stock definately Walnut ? as PE were only standard beech from AA unless it was one of the few they did for US market (plus special chequering / figured walnut / blueing etc etc) in which case I think dijon (?) on here had one for sale at £1K
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181522 & http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233547 .

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Thanks Gareth

glad to know my brain is still working......some of the time !

I spoke to the owner today, and he assures me the stock is Walnut, although not as nicely grained as first thought, but definitely has chequering.
    He confirms the condition as immaculate, and has still not decided whether to sell it or not.