Thread: Please don't try to buy or sell off the back of a valuation thread.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

Exclamation Please don't try to buy or sell off the back of a valuation thread.

Hi. Am posting this sticky to clarify things. When a valuation thread is posted, it must be treated as that, and nothing more. Once an owner of an item has a sound valuation figure, if they then wish to sell, they must start a fresh sales thread, in either the main sales section, or if a collectable, in this collectors section, or with my blessing (if it is a collectable), in both . Turning a valuation thread into a sales thread will result in a one week holiday for the member in question.

Similarly, as of midnight tonight, anyone posting on a valuation thread, or sending a p-m, that they would like to buy or swap the item in question, irrespective of their motivation, is also unfortunately going to get themselves a two week holiday from the BBS. Asking an owner to let you know when they offer their item for sale, too, will imo constitute offering to buy off the back of a valuation thread, so please don't do it . Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Gareth W-B (o.b.o. The Airgun BBS Admin Team).

Last edited by Gareth W-B; 03-12-2012 at 10:42 PM. Reason: To add 'or sending a p-m'.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Following a few confused p-ms from members, the rules regarding not selling/buying off a valuation thread are there to avoid offers to buy and sell off a valuation thread being made, which could potentially turn said threads into 'auction' sales, which are strictly against BBS rules. This comes from on high . Hope this clarifies things. Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.