Thread: CASC Approval of clubs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Who issues club's with CASC status, IR? Is it a case of completing an application form, submitting a constitution and await approval from the issuer?

Our club has one but just curious as to how it's gained
    Good Morning Mr Wiseman
    Ripley Elite .177 ~ Smith & Wesson .177 ~ Colt 1911 BB

Who issues club's with CASC status, IR? Is it a case of completing an application form, submitting a constitution and await approval from the issuer?
    HMRC (IR no longer exist), you may download the forms here.

Rutty

HMRC as of april 2011 allows you to claim £0.45 for the first 10,000 business miles and £0.25 there after tax free.

So you can pay this out or it can be "claimed" back without tax implications.

Iain
    BSA Goldstar union jack serial no 770001, BSA Goldstar black pepper.177, AA Ultimate Sporter .177,

I just wish i could find a wood or land to open a hft club in the northeast

Just remember to take the "scenic" route, as I just found out, you don't have to use the "shortest" route, so make it a long back road country lane version... savvy?

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)

2015 update

Spotted this thread and 'interested' but found the elderly link to further info and the application form now long dead - in part caused by the move of pretty much all HMRC and other government web info to the GOV.UK site.

Both the CASC and new web links can be found here:

CASC

Gov.uk web guidance notes and application form (link in section 2) is HERE

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

CASC status

Hi,

New member-so here goes with a first post. Fingers crossed!

My club has looked at CASC several times and thought the big snag was that it was (don't know if it still is) a one way ticket. Once joined there was no getting out, and it's always possible (likely,perhaps?) for a government to change the rules to be less advantageous. On cost, our main benefit would have been rate relief, but as we presently get a 100% relief there didn't seem to be any point in CASC for us.

CASC status

Hi. CASC is a one way ticket - if you change your mind you can't back out. Fine while the concessions remain but potentially a problem if/when a government changes the rules.