Thread: No more RWS Hobbys for me!!

No more RWS Hobbys for me!!

I've been shoving RWS hobbys down the neck of my Beretta for a while now. The one thing I noticed all the time was how difficult the pellets were to get into the mag. Even using the speedloader I really had to put all my weight on it to seat them and Joshua couldn't do it at all!

So... quite why it's taken me this long but last night setting up my new adjustable sights ready for todays activities, I cracked open a brand new tin of H&S Match Finale that I had left over from the sale of my Morini. They went in nicely. So I tested how hard it was to push the pellet out of the mag using a small hex driver. It took a lot to get them crappy hobbys out, the Finales popped out nicely.

Shooting even Joshua was amazed, my card entry holes were no longer ragged but nice and round and the guns power as increased dramatically.

Now these finales are 4.49 head size, I dont know what the hobbys are and I know the finales are 3 times the price, but damn what a difference.

Anyone want to buy 8 tins of hobbys?

Interesting.

Try RWS Gecos. Cheaper than Hobbys and go well enough from my Rohms for just plinking. RWS R10 Match may be cheaper than H&N's. There is always Bisley Practice?

I found Superdomes very tight if I was using up a tin for the pistols.
    I am using Hobbys in my Rohms at the moment and no problems there. Must be the Beretta mags?
    Steve
    Floccinaucinihilipilificator.

Yeah I'm sure it's the mags. I'll get my calipers out later when I get back from the UBC Shoot

Hobbys are quite big and hard to load in magazines. Get a pellet sizer from UKNeil and they load and shoot fine. The sizer should pay for itself with 3 tins of posh pellets saved.

BTW try putting a mike or vernier on your 4.49s. You may get a surprise and think about a sizer anyway.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Another vote here for the Gecos...value for money practice pellet!..
    Eric.

Thumbs up Geco

Quote Originally Posted by eredel View Post
    Another vote here for the Gecos...value for money practice pellet!..
    Eric.
    Me to super pellet+cheap from bbs sponsor...Mike...

defo vote for gecos fo rpractice - the serious stuff go for RWS R10 match - cheaper than H&N's

ATB

Phil
    AAS200T.177 & S510SL .177. FWB P70(diopter), P70 FT(Big Nikko) Steyr LP10, LG110(Big Nikko), LG20(diopter) . The gun is deadly accurate - shame about the user

Hobbies are best used for springers IMHO. Very light but a wider skirt to provide enough resistance for best compression. The wider skirt is why they don't seat well in the mags. I also don't like them in the HW45/HW75 as it's impossible to seat them properly with your thumb with the result that the skirts chew up the breech seals.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Just got a couple of tins RWS Gecos, seem fine in the Umarex mags and shoot nice in the HW45 too. Bargain they are as well and nice and light at 7grain.

I bought three different pellet types to try in my Beretta
    Bisley Practice were best
    Gecos a close second but cheaper
    Hobbys were ok but as you say too tight in the mags
    Have fun
    BSA Superten BBK (Blueprinted), BSA Ultra SS Regged, Tanfoglio Witness, Umarex 1911
    and many, many bows and slingshots

RWS Geco's at £1.95 a tin (on a 10 tin deal from JSR) are perfect in my many Berretas, S&W 586 & 686 & Colts

No probs loading, shooting ..... or paying for them

H&Ns at 3 times + the price ... and no obvious improvement on the target

Keep 'em

Cheers

Roy