Hello All,

I'm writing this on behalf of my mate for whom I bought a Bushnell monocular and Tasco 2-6 x 32IR/AO scope off the forum. After I'd fabricated a DSA for approximately £2.50 using a commercially available clamp, a bit of bar and a welder, my mate decided to try the set up out last night on his Logun S16.

Firstly the Tasco scope was zeroed at approximately 20 yards. The eyepiece of the monocular was adjusted to suit his eyes first and after good advice from the members of the forum (thanks fellers) it was taped in place using electricians tape. The DSA was then mounted along with the Bushnell monocular.

The NV monocular proved to be relatively easy to focus on the reticule and the set up was soon focused so that both the reticule and the image could be seen clearly. He discovered the object lens needed to be screwed fully in to get the reticule in focus. The field of view through the set up was a bit small and he found it a little awkward to spot the rats initially but got used to it as the session progressed.

The NV scope only had the onboard illuminator which barely proved adequate but he could distinguish a rat from the background and shoot. He feels with extra illumination that the set up would be more than adequate out to about 25 yards which is about the maximum we need for the area where we shoot.

Overall he felt that the Tasco scope coupled with the Bushnell NV monocular performed reasonably well for rats up to about 10 yards. This was his first time using a night vision set up and he did manage to shoot 4 rats which pleased him. Once the set up is fitted with extra illumination he feels it will prove to be a good cheap introduction to the "dark side"

Thanks all for looking
Regards