Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UBC Meet

Yes indeed what a superb day! Both Cheryl and I enjoyed it immensely and it was great to meet you all.

I must echo what others have said too. So well organised especially when you think of how many cards were shot and scores collated. So big thanks to the whole Egan family and the Greyhound club and to everyone else for making the day so enjoyable. Particular thanks to Mick the Ewok for running the IPAS setup (or "ding dong shooting" as Cheryl put it ). How much fun was that!

Roll on the next one, and I'll try my best to make sure Cheryl doesn't monopolise Paddy's wooden spoons next time!

Oh yes and thanks to Cookie for the loan of your Steyr, what an awesome piece of kit. I now have a Steyr-shaped hole in my collection that will niggle me until I have one! You'll notice from the results I was careful not to beat you with it as that would have been very rude
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Squirrels, mechanic's and Boobs, oh my

This will make no sense to anyone that wasn't at the Greyhound pub after the shoot, for those that were especially John - Baduila click below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj5ms9PJDNY

Thanks Jan, and John watch out for the Squirrels attacking mechanics nut's while looking a large Boobs.

atvb

Jason
    Last edited by cookie; 28-05-2009 at 07:45 PM.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Lightbulb

Like MikeB said, can't say much else except:

THANKS to EVERYONE who made it as GOOD and SPECIAL as it was.

FANTASTIC TIME

And again, thanks a million to Jim & Jan, for the Meal, Cookie for the Booze, Mike & Cheryl B for the Champers, Jim & Carol for the transport, Mike(Ewok) for the IPAS Demo

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

I'd just like to personally say a big thank you to everyone who made the day an iconic event as was the first. Was great to see everyone again and was fantastic to meet new people.

As usual it was nice to have three generations of badger at the event and incredibly surprising that my dad didn't come away with cutlery!

I think I say it on behalf of everyone when I say I truly cannot wait for the next event, hope everyone stays well and has fun plinking.

With regards, Matt.

Thanks Matt, glad you had a good day and it was a pleasure to meet you again and watch you shoot, You have a natural talent most of us have tried for years to achieve. Please get yourself a pistol and practise, and you will take us all to the cleaners at the next one.

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

A Great Day!

Hello, everyone!

This is old news to most of you but still fresh in Jan's memory and mine, since we just got back to New Orleans late last night.

This trip to the UK was by far the best of the three for us, and the great day with the UBC boys and girls was certainly the highlight of the entire trip!

We really enjoyed meeting up with everyone, and getting to try out such a diverse collection of air guns. In the US there's very little interest in airgunning, and this was a real treat for us, being able to see and try out so many different air pistols: rifles too, courtesy of Ryan! My first go with PCP guns, and with a telescopic sight. And thanks to PhilG: my first go with a red dot sight.

But the guns, as much fun as they were, couldn't begin to compare with the company of the many great people who were there! I even hate to mention any names for fear I'll forget someone: but special thanks goes to Pad and the girls, Cookie, Tony, Phil, MikeB and Cheryl, JimD, Ryan, Liam, and Ewok, for helping make the day so much fun.

And please do check out that YouTube video!

It's not likely we'll be able to make it back to England for 2-3 more years: : but believe it or not, we're already planning our next trip there! We want to make it a LONG one - six weeks or so - and to see more of the countryside.

Please let me know if any of you are planning a Staterside trip in the meantime.

Cheers: and thanks again!

Jim and Jan
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Glad you got back safe Jim. It was a real pleasure to meet you both. I am also pleased that it all worked out so well for you, it was a long way to come so the good weather and good turnout from the gang made it a day to remember, certainly did for me anyway.

Here's to the next time....pause for a sip of beer......

cheers
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Hello, everyone!

This is old news to most of you but still fresh in Jan's memory and mine, since we just got back to New Orleans late last night.

This trip to the UK was by far the best of the three for us, and the great day with the UBC boys and girls was certainly the highlight of the entire trip!

We really enjoyed meeting up with everyone, and getting to try out such a diverse collection of air guns. In the US there's very little interest in airgunning, and this was a real treat for us, being able to see and try out so many different air pistols: rifles too, courtesy of Ryan! My first go with PCP guns, and with a telescopic sight. And thanks to PhilG: my first go with a red dot sight.

But the guns, as much fun as they were, couldn't begin to compare with the company of the many great people who were there! I even hate to mention any names for fear I'll forget someone: but special thanks goes to Pad and the girls, Cookie, Tony, Phil, MikeB and Cheryl, JimD, Ryan, Liam, and Ewok, for helping make the day so much fun.

It's not likely we'll be able to make it back to England for 2-3 more years: : but believe it or not, we're already planning our next trip there! We want to make it a LONG one - six weeks or so - and to see more of the countryside.

Please let me know if any of you are planning a Staterside trip in the meantime.

Jim and Jan
    Thanks Jim

It was a pleasure meeting you both & glad you enjoyed your stay here in England.

It was a good day at the meet wasn't it & it was nice to see Sinead & Jan get on so well at the hotel on the friday night.

Kind regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Its not old news to me Jim

I've just been telling someone what an amazing day it was

It was an incredible pleasure to meet everyone new and old and especially you and Jan. Just been talking of your amazing accent Jim to someone who sadly missed the event.

Next time, your over here, you must come and visit this part of the country (I know Jan wants to see Yorkshire) Lesley and I will cook you either a Real Beef and Spud Pie or Genuine Yorkshire Pudding and all the trimmings

Glad your home safe and well.
    Take care and Stay in touch.
    Love to Jan

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Hi Jim & Jan, I'm glad you had a safe trip back home. I can't really add much to what the other guy's have already said, but meeting you both was really the high point of the meet. Thank you both for the meal Saturday evening, it was great to sit down and here your stories and to get to know you both better. You are a great couple and can't wait until your over again.

Keep that lead flying.

atvb

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    Its not old news to me Jim

I've just been telling someone what an amazing day it was

It was an incredible pleasure to meet everyone new and old and especially you and Jan. Just been talking of your amazing accent Jim to someone who sadly missed the event.

Next time, your over here, you must come and visit this part of the country (I know Jan wants to see Yorkshire) Lesley and I will cook you either a Real Beef and Spud Pie or Genuine Yorkshire Pudding and all the trimmings

Glad your home safe and well.
    Take care and Stay in touch.
    Love to Jan

Tony

We'll take you up on the offer, Tony.

My accent's not amazing: it comes naturally! Basically working class Philadelphia with some other US regional accents thrown in - my parents were from upstate Pennsylvania, and I've lived all over the US.

We loved the UK accents! There certainly isn;t "one", but a whole mess of them.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Thank you for your company...

Hello, everyone!

Jim and Jan
    Duuude? Whooooooohhh, that's, like, awesome, duuude!

Seriously though, you're a lovely couple, and it was an absolute pleasure for Cheryl and I to spend time in your company. Thanks very much for dinner on Saturday evening - I'm glad you enjoyed the trip, and I'm over the moon that you enjoyed your visit and I know you appreciated the warm welcome from everyone.

The next few meets just won't be the same without you both.

We may be seeing you a little sooner that 2-3 years, however; Cheryl has a plan!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    Duuude? Whooooooohhh, that's, like, awesome, duuude!

We may be seeing you a little sooner that 2-3 years, however; Cheryl has a plan!
    Any plan that involves seeing you and Cheryl again sounds GREAT to us, Mike.

I mean, like, duuude, that would be, like, TOTALLY awesome: you know? (fingers pointing downward in spastic gesture)

Jim

I mean, like, duuude, that would be, like, TOTALLY awesome: you know? (fingers pointing downward in spastic gesture)

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post

First dib's on stowing away in your suit case