Thread: Price Check(s) Please!

Question Price Check(s) Please!

Not getting much chance to shoot these days and need some cash upfront for car repairs and things.

Would people let me know what sort of prices I should be asking for the following:

Daystate Huntsman MK11 in .177, profile stock, quick fill, slimline silencer plus Logun Silencer (1st looks nicer, second a bit quieter), usual brass bits. Serviced a couple of years ago by Daystate, hardly used since.

BSA superten MK 11, carbined and bull barrelled by Airtech with a Stalker grade 111 walnut stock, in .22

The above come with charging adaptors, and each has a scope of the £100 quidish when new variety

Air Arms Pro-elite in .22, internals totally reworked by Venom to shoot quickly and sweetly at 12 ft/lbs, one of the nicest venom actions I've owned...again, scope too.

Faber 12 litre 300 Bar cylinder with hose, about 4 years old.

Alpha Chrony, slight dink where (ooops, you know!) but working fine last time I used it, needs a new battery.

Sorry this is such a long list, I'd put these things on and let them find their level, but as don't accept guns......

Cheers

Steve B

58 or so views? No one any ball park figures? All help welcomed!

BTW, no disrespect intended, but can people stop emailing asking me what I want for various items - until I get a few reliable estimates I'm not sure what I want!

Best

Steve B
    Last edited by steve B; 14-08-2004 at 07:01 PM.

Barrie_G is offline It could be worse...............................
    Only you can decide what they are worth to you, and see what condition they are in, so you have to be the one to decide what sort of price to put on them.

If they don't sell then either no-one is interested in buying them at that time or the price is too high there is no way to tell which.

draftsmann Guest
    They sound like superb rifles Steve - and not particularly easy to price given their modifications, and the fact that they would probably be categorised as "acquired taste items" - at least by comparison to such airgunning equivalents of the clitoris as bog-standard s410s, rapids and suchlike.

They are also incidentally items that would interest me but for the fact that I'm currently skint

Personally if I saw the S10 on sale at around £550 I'd sit up and take notice; likewise the Pro Elite at around £275-300. This is of course merely my humblest opinion......

Good luck with the sale.

Adrian

Start the prices at;-

Huntman - £350.
    BSA - £600.
    AA - £325.
    Bottle - £170.
    Chrony - £50.
    All plus post and condition dependent, and expect to haggle.
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

I'd agree with Davestate, except on the S10 for which I think you could expect a haggled price of around £525. Otherwise those prices are pretty fair and if someone genuinely wants one, they'll pay the asking.
    Chancers might offer £50 less here and there ( except on the Chrony, that would be taking the piss a bit ), so it would remain your decision at the end of the day.

All the best - Craig
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia

Re: Start the prices at;-

Originally posted by Davestate
    Huntman - £350.
    BSA - £600.
    AA - £325.
    Bottle - £170.
    Chrony - £50.
    All plus post and condition dependent, and expect to haggle.
    Souds fair as a starting price,

my (same spec) bottle went for about that.

I'd also ageee with Craig's "50 quid off" for the rifles for the actual "haggled" price, especially the AA which is going to be a bit "niche".

The Chrony may be worth a little more now I think about it....
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Many thanks for your input, guys! I'll have to unpack my digital camera and put an ad in the 'For Sale' section asap!

Best

Steve B