Thread: BBS V's Mendip Shoot

Tomahawkss Guest

BBS V's Mendip Shoot

"why, thank you, lets hope your opinion don't change after I take all the prizes at the Mendip shoot on Saturday"

Les

Well Les was right, he got the Barn Door! I will leave Voldy to give you the gossip.

Suffice to say, the Mendip guys were superb hosts. We had a really good time. Gary C. won the best BBS member with a very impressive 61points. We were a bit outgunned but we all had a cracking shoot. Lovely to meet some really great folk and experienced shooters. Niel, thank you for being rangemaster and general good host. We got the silver medal.
    My thanks to Voldy for taking the time to work on a really good day out for us all.

Tomahawkss (Andy)

PS. Don't mention Les and "cooking Sunday lunch" type bets

Ok Hands up time, my partner "Lisa" who has never shot a rifle in her life, BEAT ME ok she BEAT ME, I have to do Sunday lunch ( after Ive bin shooting of course).

No one has mentioned the severe wasp sting I suffered 1 hour before the shoot and on my good hand too, but Im not one to pass the buck........the wasp did it I tell the wasp did it!!

Lunch will be an assortment of baked beans served on a lightly toasted slice of bread, follwed by me moaning on and on about the wasp.

Thanks to all involved and as for you Andy, are you sure you want to sell the Mirage???? Ha Ha

Les
    Last edited by Lez325; 14-08-2004 at 05:14 PM.
    17 HMR Bushnell Legend 5-15 x 40
    FAC Rapid .20 + Vipir 6-24 x 50

Thank you all for coming along. The Mendipo's also had a very enjoyable time.

Well done Gary C on top BBS shot.

Andy for top spring gun

Les for the barn door winner, and

Lisa on a remarkable 36.

Sammie, it was good shooting with you, and sorry we blew some of you away with the reducers. It will be like hitting a barn door when you see those 40mm kills. Ask Les, he can tell you all about it

BTW, took me months to train that wasp

See you all again in the spring.

Neil

Tomahawk,

Thanks for posting this. Our most gracious thanks for a superb shoot at mendip on a really good 35 target shoot. My thanks to Niel for sorting the scores and organisation, my thanks also to the Mendip shooters for our very friendly and sporting day.
    Lastly my thanks (in no order at all) to Les, Lisa, Gary,Sammie, Craig, Simon and Andy. Thanks for your support, it made it a really good day. I hope to sort the re-match in the spring.

My thanks to you all, take care, Voldemort

Ooooh,

Did I mention about the rufty tufty ex-para that got stung by a wasp? He bet his (non-shooting) partner he would score more than she. He went off into battle and got awarded the Barn door medal for pain tolerance (and the lowest score). He didn't even say a word (until afterwards)

Those that win'm wear'm Les

Take care, Voldy

That wasp was trained in the art of stinging the best gun on the day - to give you guy's an advantage. I only mentioned it at the end as the pain, by this time was so great.

An enjoyable day, and I for one shall be there next spring, the Trophy is now on display in my lounge, thanks Lisa......

Les
    17 HMR Bushnell Legend 5-15 x 40
    FAC Rapid .20 + Vipir 6-24 x 50

Fair play Les, it could've stung the whole finger. As it was it was only your trigger finger,

See you in the spring, I am going to have to practice to keep the "Door" away.

Take care, Voldy
    All in black, all in black, gives wabbits a heart attack.