Thread: Titan mohawk loading question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Titan mohawk loading question

Hi
    I have just got a titan mohawk, can anyone tell me the correct way to load these, do you lift the cocking arm fully out then cock the hammer before closeing or do you cock the hammer before you open and shut the cocking lever,
    I have tried both ways and i have found there is some resitance if you cock the hammer first so whats the right way to load it please.

Thanks
    JJJJJJ

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Great fun, aren't they ... Sometimes I wish I hadn't moved mine on . I always cocked first when loading my Mohawk, but I don't really suppose it matters too much which way you do it really, so go with whatever feels right. There is an argument that cocking once the pellet is loaded may cause lead fragments to be drawn into the action when cocking however, but my very simple brain can not see this (providing the lever has already been pulled to charge the action), so as stated, go with what feels good. Hope this helps. Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

mohawk

if you lift the lever up first then cock the hammer you will have little resistance on the upward stroke due to the valve been open thus drawing air from the breech..hope this helps.atb

Thanks for the replys i have always used spring guns for hunting as i could not do with PCP messing about with pumps or a bottle for filling and then the shot string to think about,
    the titan mohawk is almost the same as cocking a spring gun (one pump then load the pellet) so will give it a go at hunting i have replaced the seals on it today and i really like it why this rifle never really took off i dont know,
    Thanks
    JJJJJJ

Quote Originally Posted by jjjjjj View Post
    Thanks for the replys i have always used spring guns for hunting as i could not do with PCP messing about with pumps or a bottle for filling and then the shot string to think about,
    the titan mohawk is almost the same as cocking a spring gun (one pump then load the pellet) so will give it a go at hunting i have replaced the seals on it today and i really like it why this rifle never really took off i dont know,
    Thanks
    JJJJJJ
    Hey up JJJJJ,

I thought the same as you about the PCP's when I had my Titan Mohawk. I've been shooting springers all my life (I'm 58 now) and the thought of messing about with air bottles etc is what put me off initially. The Mohawk is a great gun and one of the most accurate and consistent I've ever owned but I've switched to pcp's now as I wanted a multi shot.

The pcp's aren't actually too bad once you get your filling gear together and it's only a matter of topping it up every now and then when you're hunting. Most pcp's will give you 30 to 40 full power shots minimum in 12 ft/lbs and with the likes of mine the BSA superten the makers claim upwards of 200 shots per 232 bar fill in .22 calibre.

Unless you're snowed under with quarry while hunting a pcp will easily hold enough air for a hunting session. The reservoir can be topped up using a pump or bottle on site in seconds but I've not had to re charge any pcp I've had on site as yet. I used to top up after every 2 or 3 sessions with the BSA Ultra .22 I had, then after every 5 or 6 with the Webley Venom Viper which was also .22 that was using them for hunting, obviously for target practice they require topping up more frequently.

I've also owned a Logun S16 which my mate bought from me several weeks ago, I had the bottle filled on the day I sold him it. He's been using it for setting his scopes up, 2 day scopes and a night scope, then target practice, and ratting and we topped it up again last friday for the first time.

While I agree the Titan Mohawk is a brilliant gun and reliable as well as self contained I think in my opinion the pcp's have the edge due to their versatility and the number of models available.

PS If you need some more information on the Titan Mohawk I have some articles here please pm me.

Regards
    Last edited by Greylag; 27-05-2009 at 11:58 PM. Reason: extra added
    Dave (www.kwacs.org.uk) "Wildfowlers do it in the mud"

Greylag P.M. Sent
    JJJJJJ