Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BONEHILL BRITANNIA INFO PLEASE

Britannia

Hi Abe and MarkDV
    It might be of interest to you that the refinished

Smile Britannia

Hi Abe and MarkDV
    Apologies for pushing the wrong button and having to start again.

It might be of interest to you that the refinished Britannia serial number 1013 also came from Ian Alcock in Scotland, I purchased it from him about the time that this issue of NZ Airgun came out. Ian is a very nice chap and I was sorry to lose contact with him. That issue was also the last of the NZAG production (April/May 1986), I should know as, if you look at the contents page you will see Trevor and Trevor listed as editors, I am the first one, the other is my long time friend. Confusing isn't it!

Abe, if you send me an address I will send you a copy of that issue, and MarkDV too if you want a mint copy. My regards to you both. Trevor

Britannia

Another correction, - its too early in the morning (NZ)!

After checking I found that the Britannia article in NZ Airgun is in the Oct/Nov/Dec 1987 issue, not as stated above. Ian also did a splendid article on Giffard rifles and pistols in NZAG April/May 1988.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Farsight View Post

Hi Abe, (and this being my first contribution to the BBS good afternoon to all). It looks as though the guys have pretty much answered your questions, but here is my two pennyworth. Looked inside my Brittania last night (ser. no.1771 .25, seesaw sight, 36 1/2" long) and the mainspring is 8" long, probably more when new. Super gun, more than a century old and shoots like new! Good luck with yours -- fix that piston, you won't regret it.

Best wishes: Mark.
    Hi Mark, have just approved this your first post on the BBS, so welcome to the BBS, and in particular, to Collectors Corner (the best bit imo ). Hope you enjoy it here as much as the rest of us sad old anorak collectors do (). Ha ha. Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Talking Britannia rules OK !!

Hi Farsight
    Welcome to the club, as a Britannia owner you have an esteemed position in the ranking A hundred years old and still with the see saw sight
    If you come across a spare one contact me asap.
    ATB
    abe.
    The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens.
    Baha'u'llah 1817-1892.