Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CP99 v PX4 storm for IPAS use

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off

CP99 v PX4 storm for IPAS use

Has anyone used both of these pistols? I'm trying to find which one has the fastest firing cycle.

I'm guessing blowback is easier for trigger pull as opposed to a long double action pull, but does the blowback cycle time limit how fast you can fire repeated shots?

Does the double ended magazine of the PX4 use the same rotary mags as the other Umarex guns, and can they be popped out of the stick for use in a speed loader?

What indication does either gun give to show you've run out of pellets?

Thanks for your help
    Garry

This answers your questions on the PX4 Storm.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1Yx07e61Xc

This shows CP99.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y8JXx9sW5U

No indication of shots left, they just dry fire when mag is empty.
    Weihrauch B&C HW95K, B&C HW35K, BAM B26-2 venoman custom, QB78 DL custom.
    You ain't so big, you jus' tall, tha's all.
    http://ukchineseairgunforum.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Question I P A S pistol?

I to am looking for IPAS pistol i own a cp99, ok but like a lot of umarex pistols will misfire on about 8% of shots.Reviews on px4 report quite a lot of jamming!,I'm still looking as i
    don't like the Smith...Mike...

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by mickson View Post
    I to am looking for IPAS pistol i own a cp99, ok but like a lot of umarex pistols will misfire on about 8% of shots.Reviews on px4 report quite a lot of jamming!,I'm still looking as i
    If it's any help Mike,I've never had a single jam with the PX4,
    be it balls or lead

Always push the pellets in that little bit more than where they sit when loaded,just use the next pellet head to insert them a little further,
    and good feature of the mags is that there's an integral magnet in each end so when loading your steel balls,they stay there

Also get about x 4 16 shot mags worth from one co2 cylinder.

HIH
    Pete
    ULTIMATE KING RATTY ::.22 SMK QB78DL HYBRID::+QB78 D/L .25 Cal ::850 AIRMAGNUM::PISTOLS- :22 Cal Weihrauch HW80K Tactical::RAM 68 :-)

Thumbs up px4

Quote Originally Posted by PALADIN View Post
    If it's any help Mike,I've never had a single jam with the PX4,
    be it balls or lead

Always push the pellets in that little bit more than where they sit when loaded,just use the next pellet head to insert them a little further,
    and good feature of the mags is that there's an integral magnet in each end so when loading your steel balls,they stay there

Also get about x 4 16 shot mags worth from one co2 cylinder.

HIH
    Pete
    Thanks will look again @px4...mike...

Exclamation IPAS

Just done trial shoot in back garden with
    scaled down plates,tried cp99,colt,skif best results for me "surprisingly" with the skif,next colt,& last the cp99 !!...mike...

I shot the IPAS at the meet with both CP99 with red dot, and open sighted Beretta 92FS. Neither one let me down over the course of fire, although the '99 did play up on the timed PP shoot.

Unless you have the speed and precision of Neo from the Matrix, I don't think any Umarex gun would give you a problem with IPAS; it's just down to personal preference. Don't forget that after each shot, you have to move to the next plate and acquire the target before firing again.

I've not shot the PX4 Storm, but from what I've seen of it, I'd say that the blowback feature is an unnecessary handicap; on that basis alone, I'd go for the '99, given the choice between the two.

Hope that helps,

Mike.

Exclamation IPAS????

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    I shot the IPAS at the meet with both CP99 with red dot, and open sighted Beretta 92FS. Neither one let me down over the course of fire, although the '99 did play up on the timed PP shoot.

Unless you have the speed and precision of Neo from the Matrix, I don't think any Umarex gun would give you a problem with IPAS; it's just down to personal preference. Don't forget that after each shot, you have to move to the next plate and acquire the target before firing again.

I've not shot the PX4 Storm, but from what I've seen of it, I'd say that the blowback feature is an unnecessary handicap; on that basis alone, I'd go for the '99, given the choice between the two.

Hope that helps,

Mike.
    thanks,all info helps...Mike...

Just done trial shoot in back garden with
    scaled down plates,tried cp99,colt,skif best results for me "surprisingly" with the skif,next colt,& last the cp99 !!...mike...
    Why suprisingly? One of the top IPAS shooters uses one? I bought Josh a CP99 and am amazed by it's lack of accuracy, it's pathetic tbh.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Had a look at a CP99 this afternoon. I didn't really like the way it felt in my hand, but in it's favour the sight picture is very nice and easy to look through, and the double action on the trigger was much easier than I was expecting it to be.

They had a couple of Skifs in there, but I hadn't considered them at the time. I'll read up on the Skifs they had and see what people think of them.

Garry

Exclamation Skif

Quote Originally Posted by GarryP View Post
    Thanks for the replies everyone.

Had a look at a CP99 this afternoon. I didn't really like the way it felt in my hand, but in it's favour the sight picture is very nice and easy to look through, and the double action on the trigger was much easier than I was expecting it to be.

They had a couple of Skifs in there, but I hadn't considered them at the time. I'll read up on the Skifs they had and see what people think of them.

Garry
    I think skifs are a bit like marmite, U like/or loath them, i've had 3 never had a problem. U must load mags correctly holds 28,useful number for IPAS!..mike..

Got your pm, cheers Mike.

I used my skif at the UBC IPAS.

It worked really well, I was even surprised

The trigger is heavy on them, Mike (who done the IPAS at the meet) also told me that the top shooters use the Skifs, however they have been fettled with to make them smoother

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

i yoused my cp88 for the ipas at the ubc meet and got 3 plates in 1.55 sec,s i think thats the gun for the job

liam
    U.B.C Member - Beeman P3 - crosman nightstalker - walther underlever

Thumbs up Ipas?

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei Gizmo View Post
    i yoused my cp88 for the ipas at the ubc meet and got 3 plates in 1.55 sec,s i think thats the gun for the job

liam
    agree 88 is a great pistol,but sadly with 1 design fault the lever U operate to
    open breech to change magazines can go down to far and stick, this would cause U to loose
    valuable time in an IPAS contest. For me personally the Colt is the best just, out of the Umarex range, because I like its trigger,and I dislike the smith that many prefer....mike...