Thread: Heanel VIE

Heanel VIE

No, not a typo, this is about the Haenel VIE ... the one with the HS mark on the trigger block.

Batfink found herself one at an auction. Not bad condition if you accept a loose stock and missing trigger guard screw.

I set aside a little while this afternoon to strip it, expecting a relatively easy job. The best laid plans and all that then operated.

I just cannot remove the trigger block. I am sure it unscrews just like a BSA one. All bits are removed ... stock. stock securing threaded rod, trigger and trigger spring. That's all there is. It looks as though someone else has had a go at removing the end block, and possibly replacing it. So at present I am stuck. I am soaking it in Plus Gas in the hope that a more determined 'thwack' tomorrow may start the thread. But does anyone know if I am missing anything? I can see no other means by which the block is prevented from turning so assume it is just jolly (careful of the filter) tight. And that it is a rh thread!
    At present power is miserable ... I could use a pea shooter to greater effect ... so I would like to sort it out.

Any ideas?

Cheers, Phil

edbear2 Guest
    Hi Phil.......had a similar thing with a militia a while back......that was caused by dry assembly by someone in the past, and the nickle plate flaking......plus gas is the best to use, but the effect of it can be intensified by heating the block with a propane torch till just too hot to touch, then spraying the plusgas into the joint........mine took 2 days and about 15 applications.good luck and just be patient!

Extra trigger actuating rod?

Thanks for advice edbear. No joy this morning .. I do not want to clout it too hard ...
    So the end block is now soaking in Plus Gas. Action is muzzle upright with end block in a jar. I have squirted releasing fluid into the action to fill the space just above the trigger block .. hopefully this will allow the fluid to seep into the threads.

A point I have not mentioned and is a puzzle is this:
    With action clamped in a vice, no trigger present, if the underlever is moved to shift piston and piston rod towards cocked position (it enters the trigger housing) there appears to be a small rod that moves towards the trigger at the end of the cocking stroke. At first I thought it was crud or a 'shaving' from the machining process but I now think it is part of a trigger actuating mechanism. It moves out, towards the trigger, when cocking and moves back again when the piston rod retracts. I have never seen this before. It must be part of the trigger block. Has anyone else noted it? If and when it al comes apart I will let you know.

So ... the wait begins.

Cheers, Phil

-I'm making lots of coffee.

I'm here for the duration tooooooo...

I'm past the coffee stage though...now on the malt...