Thread: Webley Omega 177

Webley Omega 177

I know how sought after these are so just a heads up there is one in the Private Ads of this months Sporting Gun cw moderator and 4 x 32 ASI scope descibed as vgc.

£200 01406 330706

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    This one deserves a mod bump. Best break-barrel Brum gun ever produced imho (let alone best Webley ). Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Question Webley Omega

You have oft spoken highly of the Webley Omega
    Pray tell Gareth why do you rate this model so highly?
    Is it the looks, accuracy. craftsmanship, feel.....?
    For example: Omega better than Viscount/Vulcan?
    Please give us the benefit of your knowledge and experience.
    I'm sure we would all learn something. Thank you.
    Freedom needs a soldier.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi. For me (and many others), the Omega is not only the best standard production run rifle that Webley & Scott ever produced, but again imo (and again in many others), it is also the best standard production run sub 12ft.lb break-barrel springer air rifle that Britain ever produced, too .

The Omega is based on a hybrid Vulcan using lots of ideas cribbed from the Anschutz LG 335 (I actually own the very Anschuts LG 335 that Webley & Scott bought and owned to study for the Omega project), and the FWB Sport.

The Omega was too engineered to be produced at a profit within the manufacturing and marketing budget allocated to it however, so sadly, although a superb piece of equipment which could compete with -- and rival -- any Teutonic offering, production costs saw the Omega replaced with a cheaper to produce alternative (the Tomahawk) at the turn of the Century.

Well that is my take on it, and am sure others will contribute, but as a foot note, would just like to ad that although the trigger of the Omega is often criticised (something levied at many a Webley), I personally have never had a problem with it, and all in all, do find the Webley Omega a joy to own and shoot . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Question Webley Omega

Thanks Gareth.....very informative!
    I bought my Omega thru' these threads about a year ago...and glad I did!!
    You have invited others to comment and I look forward to reading them.
    Freedom needs a soldier.