Thread: UBC Target Holder with Pully System

UBC Target Holder with Pully System

Hi all

I'm working on an improved system for our Portable Target Holder for our next meet.

This time I want to put a pully system on it for each lane. That way there will be minimal stop/starts so the other comps can go on interupted, such as the IPAS, Snooker & PP.

I've sorted out the pully system, my daughter Sinead came up with the idea of putting a magnet at the bottom of the target bracket to stop it from 'blowing' in the wind. Which I fitted to the 'prototype' bracket after I took the photos. The magnet works a treat & with a slight yank of the pully it comes off & then reel it back towards you for the next target.

I have only tried it as a single target, I need to get more brackets made, at the moment I've made one out of scrap chipboard. I have put the dimensions of the bracket within the photos. Would anyone know where I could get one made out of light metal, or could anyone help by making one. I don't normally ask, just not got the tools to do it myself.

Also if anyone has any ideas to improve this system I'll be be glad to know.

>HERE's< the photos so far. I'll update the photos when I do further developments. Once this is sorted I'll be starting on making some IPAS targets as I think we should have ago at that again at our next meet.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Paddy,
    I've got machine shop, sheet metalworking and welding kit in the garage.
    Would a wire frame target support be suitable?
    It should possible to make something spot welded 3mm stainless wire quite quickly if that'll do you, if so I can knock one up & post you a sample on Wednesday for testing,
    Regards,
    Nick

Still using pegs I see Paddy, could get expensive if Sinead decides to do a bit more shooting , I mean, she takes no prisoners, none of this shooting to disable, it's total destruction with Sinead

To be serious for a bit you could try fabricating the target holder from steel strip. B & Q sell bright steel strip in 2cm and 3cm widths, a 3mm drill and a few pop rivets and Bob's your uncle. B & Q may be a bit pricey for ten holders but you could get enough to prototype it for now, and then appeal for a cheaper source once you have ironed out the bugs.
    Good luck with it anyway.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Hi Nick (magicniner).

I've replyed on our other forum, looks good thanks.

Hi Jef.

Still using the pegs for now, I was intending to use bulldog clips on the bracket, just not got to that stage yet. As For Sinead it was a good shot at the meet wasn't it. That peg just exploded

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Will you and Sinead cammo it, Pad?

NICK: are you the Nick Jan and I met at the hotel and the Greyhound Club?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Will you and Sinead cammo it, Pad?

NICK: are you the Nick Jan and I met at the hotel and the Greyhound Club?

Jim
    Hi Jim.

No plans on camo'ing it, at the moment anyway

Just to answer your other question to Nick. Yes he is.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK