Thread: Tau 7

Tau 7

I have just purchased a second hand Tau 7 and would like some advice please. Hopefully this dosen't sound like a daft queston, but what would be the best make of 12g co2 bulb to use, I have some Walther & Crosman ones at home.
    Thanks
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    what would be the best make of 12g co2 bulb to use,
    The cheapest. Seriously. Although some cheap ones don't always have a full 12 g in so if you can get a brand for not much more it may be worth paying a little extra.
    Morally flawed

Hi, I get through loads of these and now buy mine from our sponser JSR, if you buy 500 with some fellow shooters they work out at 25p each, i still put a crosman capsule through after 10 or 12 of the JSR ones and have had now problems in any of my pistols.

Hope this helps

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Thumbs up Tau7

I have just purchased a second hand Tau 7 and would like some advice please. Hopefully this dosen't sound like a daft queston, but what would be the best make of 12g co2 bulb to use, I have some Walther & Crosman ones at home.
    Thanks
    Greg
    Great pistol wish i still had 1,follow cookies advice and all should be well
    only trouble now, if U miss U have no excuse 1 hole groups always!...Mike...

I have a Tau7 and I buy the cheap unbadged ones from JSR, also have a few crossman I was given - can't see they make any difference!

best regards
    Linnet67
    My Guns: a Walther LP200;& a Weihrauch HW40PCA

Thanks for the replies, its the cheapies then. On a different note, I tried the Tau 7 last night & nearly put myself off pistol shooting for good. I got better groups with my Beretta PX4 Storm than the Tau, looked like I'd used a shotgun. In all fairness its not the Tau's fault its me, just couldn't stop the pistol bouncing around. If anyone can offer advice on single handed grip & how to reduce wobble please let me know.
    ATB
    Greg

If anyone can offer advice on single handed grip & how to reduce wobble please let me know.
    ATB
    Greg
    Have you got the right barrel weights on? And have you got the rear weight on - not meaning to be patronising, just it wook me 2 weeks to realise that was what it was!!

Quote Originally Posted by Linnet67 View Post
    Have you got the right barrel weights on? And have you got the rear weight on - not meaning to be patronising, just it wook me 2 weeks to realise that was what it was!!
    Hi Linnet
    I'm new to proper target pistols, so no you are not being patronising, the rear weight is not fitted & how do I know if the right barrel weights are fitted.
    ATB
    Greg

Hi Greg

The rear weight is the weight on the end of 2 or 3" piece of metal, and it screws in the just below the rear sight. You will find adding the rear weight will make a massive impact to the wobbling. If you do nothing else add this! On days I forget, I wonder why I'm averaging 7s instead of 9s, its that important!

The foresight will be sitting (one would expect) within one barrel weight, you probably have on the gun or in the box a further barrel weigh (a round 3/4" long tube of metal) and a cone shaped piece (lets call it a .5, for sake of arguement). If you unscrew the foresight you can push these extra pieces on & off. I need 1.5 weights (ie one whole weight & the cone). (I'm a woman, but a fairly strong one). 1.5 weights looks like the pic at the top of this review http://my.tbaytel.net/~coopers@tbaytel.net/Tau7Review/

Then if you look at the pics of the different models further down the review, there are 2.5 barrel weights on. And note the Tau7-standard is showing the rear weight screwed in.

You might want to start with 1.5 and get a bit more used to the gun and then adjust.

The tau is a match quality pistol and is capable of sticking several pellets through one hole (see the factory sample) - but it may take us both some time to achieve this, hey?

good luck
    Linnet67

Grip

Hi again Greg

Just noted you also asked about grip.
    About holding the grip see here http://www.bullseyepistol.com/goodgrip.htm

You should put the grip so that it fits into the fork of your thumb and fingers, resting against your thenar eminence (the pad of the base of your thumb) , your 3 smallest fingers should be fairly relaxed, just holding enough to stop movement in your hand. The wooden block, or palm rest, shouldn't be crushing your hand, but should be right up to the bottom of your palm, to balance the weight of the gun - the picture above demonstrates this nicely.

Try this too....., put the gun down, then hold your shooting hand, back towards you, nails in the air. Draw a line horizontally, right between the two knuckle joints of your middle finger, then do the same for your ring & little fingers. Then take up the gun hold, look in a mirror (ensuring the gun has no pellet or CO2 in etc etc before someone shouts about safety). Ideally the 3 lines, should become one straight vertical one.

There are some very good posts on here about altering grips with car filler and some new fancy stuff that sounds ideal & easy to mould. And If you need to shave some bits off - be aware not to cut too deep or you'll cut into the CO2 chamber!!

There are some coaches and other people with far more experience than I, on here that might like to give you some more refined advice. I have only been shooting 8 months but have had lots of lovely help.

have fun
    Lynne

Hi Linnet
    Thanks for the replies & the link, I messed around with the Tau last night, set the trigger to 2 stage, sorted out the barrel weights (1.5), didn't try the rear weight, will do that tonight, changed the front & rear sights & adjusted the palm shelf. The pistol feels better in the hand, should be able to try it out later.
    ATB
    Greg