Thread: Anyone know what pistol......

Anyone know what pistol......

....... was cocked by lifting a metal "strap" which was formed around the cylinder and clipped to the back of it.

As the strap was lifted, the barrel which was around 3.5" long, would pivot downwards at the muzzle end thereby exposing the breech end for loading the pellet.

It had a wooden butt.

I borrowed one for a couple of months when I was a lad and became quite proficient with it.

Once I know what it was - photos would be great for confirmation - then I can maybe keep an eye open for one.

Thanks folks.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    ....... was cocked by lifting a metal "strap" which was formed around the cylinder and clipped to the back of it.

As the strap was lifted, the barrel which was around 3.5" long, would pivot downwards at the muzzle end thereby exposing the breech end for loading the pellet.

It had a wooden butt.

I borrowed one for a couple of months when I was a lad and became quite proficient with it.

Once I know what it was - photos would be great for confirmation - then I can maybe keep an eye open for one.

Thanks folks.
    Was it one of these ?

No - but thanks for trying.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Pistol

Hi Paul,

It sounds like a Model 4 Diana, they usually sell for £40-£50 in good condition.

Atb. Robin.

Sound possible thanks. I'll do a search for pics.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.

There's a pic' of one on the A.A.O.C website.

Chris.
    Far too many rifles & pistols to mention here.

Quote Originally Posted by CRX View Post
    Hi Paul,

It sounds like a Model 4 Diana, they usually sell for £40-£50 in good condition.

Atb. Robin.

I agree, the bit about the barrel tipping down and the overlever clipping onto the back of the cylinder clinches it, I think.

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews116743.html

Does that look familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
    I agree, the bit about the barrel tipping down and the overlever clipping onto the back of the cylinder clinches it, I think.

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews116743.html

Does that look familiar?
    Thats the one! Thankyou Rob - I hadn't found a picture myself yet so this was very welcome.

Many thanks for the replies everyone.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.

also known as a Milbro

you can get some spares for it - great fun to use

ATB

Phil
    AAS200T.177 & S510SL .177. FWB P70(diopter), P70 FT(Big Nikko) Steyr LP10, LG110(Big Nikko), LG20(diopter) . The gun is deadly accurate - shame about the user

Thanks Phil.

I have fond memories of that gun - it was actually quite accurate and I used to shoot bullrushes with it at what seemed like miles away but was probably around 20 feet!
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.

I have one of these in need of a little tlc, anyone know roughly what power these put out? Mine seems a little low, Im wondering if I should strip it down and sort it.
    hoplophobe

I put a new spring in mine and it now kicks out 1 1/2 ftlbs

ATB

Phil
    AAS200T.177 & S510SL .177. FWB P70(diopter), P70 FT(Big Nikko) Steyr LP10, LG110(Big Nikko), LG20(diopter) . The gun is deadly accurate - shame about the user

1 1/2 ftlbs Maybe mine is shooting fine then.
    hoplophobe

yep - the washer is a little worn and the replacements are out of stock at the moment

Still, great fun to use

ATB

Phil

You can make a leather washer really cheaply and without too much effort from a scrap of leather from a cobbler's shop. There are instructions on how to do it in the 'Hints and Tips' section.