Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gamo Compact needed - A good starting pistol? Have you got one?

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    What if err, someone may have cocked it fully? Something to avoid?

Doesn't do any harm.

But if you deliberately want to practice dry-firing, just opening it enough to set the trigger should be enough.

Iain

Gamo Compact

Hi ya Josh,
    I have a mint one that i dont use, i bought it for my boy to try (he was desperate to try it) used it twice and that was it.
    What was you looking to pay for one.
    It is in the original case, unmarked and still has half a tin of the pellets that came with it.

Terry West
    Daystate MK 3 in Paul Wilson stock
    aa400k, Theoben grand prix, aa200 mk 3
    LP 2, FAS 604, TAU 7, HW 40

Thumbs up Compact

Constant comparisons between compact & hw40, both are good,but having had both .IMO compact has edge with wood anotomical adjustable grips,allowing U to repeat same hold each time allowing more consistent results than with the 40. Also the 2004e has been mentioned,casting snobbery
    aside it can shoot as well as the 40, although finish a little below par.
    ...mike...

Another vote here for the HW40, with a hogue slip on grip it feels great, the trigger can be fettled so it's really light, though out of the box it's better than the gamo's trigger. At the end of the day both are good starter pistols and will serve you well.

For Target competitions please join the Umarex Boys Club

Good luck and Happy Shooting

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Thanks again

A really good and positive response and it looks as though I should enjoy a Gamo. Terry I have dropped you PM concerning your Gamo & thanks for your PM too Mike.
    Shooting tonight - won the bottle of wine last week - £1.00 entry & money goes to Air ambulance. Hopefully soon I'll be doing it with my very own compact. Cheers,
    Josh
    Last edited by joshc; 04-06-2009 at 08:36 AM.

Gamo found!

Yesterday my Gamo arrived and I have so far had a few shot and it looks pretty good. Very easy to adjust sights to suit and pretty accurate. Good grip - no safety which was a suprise but my first impressions are very positive and good value for money second hand. Thanks for all the advice.

Just to mention... Terry West User: terrygwest has a Gamo compact in perfect condition, see above posts - I would have had it if I hadn't already been mid deal with Rdrowe who I must add was great to deal with. Anyway, if anyone else want a Gamo Compact I suggest they try Terry.

I am also now looking for an HW40 in good condition if anyone has one going.
    Cheers
    Josh
    Last edited by joshc; 07-06-2009 at 08:28 AM.

I have a Compact and love it, still need to ease of the trigger a bit but I do like it out to 10m. I also have a Beeman 2004e, need a new set of seals but feels nice.

I also have a Webley Nemesis, this at 10m is a fantastic gun and much over looked.

Enjoy your pistols and have some fun.

Thumbs up Nemesis

Quote Originally Posted by Photoguy2910 View Post
    I have a Compact and love it, still need to ease of the trigger a bit but I do like it out to 10m. I also have a Beeman 2004e, need a new set of seals but feels nice.

I also have a Webley Nemesis, this at 10m is a fantastic gun and much over looked.

Enjoy your pistols and have some fun.
    Agree with Ur comments, I'm a great compact fan, Got a Nemesis a few weeks ago, and now equalling or beating my compact scores...Mike...