Thread: Airsporter

Airsporter

Hi Dont know if I am in the wrong section but I need a spring and ball bearing for a later Airsporter loading tap, I think its a mark 5??
    Mods please move it if its in the wrong section.

spares

Hi Bret
    If you go onto Chambers website, you should be able to confirm which mark it is or post the serial number on here and some-one will know
    The parts you want should be available from Chambers and if not, from John Knibbs at Shustoke near Coalshill. You can get his contact details from his website. The parts you are after may well be common to the Mk 4,5 and 6 but Chambers parts diagrams should confirm
    ATB
    John
    hold me back !!

Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
    Hi Bret
    If you go onto Chambers website, you should be able to confirm which mark it is or post the serial number on here and some-one will know
    The parts you want should be available from Chambers and if not, from John Knibbs at Shustoke near Coalshill. You can get his contact details from his website. The parts you are after may well be common to the Mk 4,5 and 6 but Chambers parts diagrams should confirm
    ATB
    John
    Thanks for that your a gentleman

Hi Brett

John Knibbs' phone number is 01675481006

All the best Mick

i think you'll need the serial number to get the right parts from john knibbs but at least you'll get the correct bits
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

My experience is that there is nothing too special about the spring and ball bearing for the tap. I cannot remember the size (1/16 or 3/32" ??) but I have used a bicycle headset or pedal bearing and a spring from the spares box. A basic compression spring will do but it may need to be stronger than a 'biro' spring. Try a tool merchant but you may need to cut it to size. Just get a fair fit in the hole. I have seen taps with the ball captive, but this is not essential ... it just makes fitting the tap a bit more fiddly if the ball is not captive.
    Cheers,
    Phil

Cheers, Phil

Thanks for the help Gentlemen its appreciated
    Just need to find a bike from somewhere