Thread: ASI repeaters + others

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

ASI repeaters + others

Im not well up on ASI,s at all so can anybody tell me which models they had out in the 70,s/early 80,s and which ones had the repeater option? What other guns had this option as well? Ive a feeling that it was a very late 70,s/ early 80,s fad but Im sure someone can tell me otherwise. Ive a feeling that one of the Relums had the tube magazine option? A bit different this but I think Millets used to stock a czech pump action repeater with wood butt and pump?

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Top of me head .....

Paratrooper, Expo and the Sniper...... probably more!!!

Check Chambers' website, in the Asi/Gamo section!!!

HTH.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

ASI Sniper was just the UK name for the Expo.

The El Gamo Expo (single shot) and Expomatic (repeater) were sold as the ASI Sniper, and Sniper Repeater.

The Gamo 68 and Gamatic were the ASI Paratrooper and Paratrooper Repeater.

The single shot Statical - a semi-recoilless break barrel - and magazine fed Stamic don't seem to have had different ASI brand names in the UK.

The other Gamo guns listed in the 1st edition of Walter's Airgun Book (1981) as being available in the UK are the Gamo Cadet (ASI Apache) and Center pistol. The Gamo models 300, and 600 - enlarged versions of the Expo (which was also known as the model 200) - are said not to be available in the UK.

The tube magazine design had been used earlier on a break-barrel Relum, but I think it may have been designed around lead ball ammunition, whereas the Gamo version would accomodate pellets as well.

Iain

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    Im not well up on ASI,s at all so can anybody tell me which models they had out in the 70,s/early 80,s and which ones had the repeater option? What other guns had this option as well? Ive a feeling that it was a very late 70,s/ early 80,s fad but Im sure someone can tell me otherwise. Ive a feeling that one of the Relums had the tube magazine option? A bit different this but I think Millets used to stock a czech pump action repeater with wood butt and pump?
    I had an ASI Commando in the late 60s, and I know for a fact they were only made in single shot.
    In fact I have only just managed to get a 177 version of this model after looking for years
    My mate at the time had the Sniper version or Apachie which was a repeater but it was useless even as new out the box

The ASI Commando is illustrated in the 1979 edition of Wesley/Cardew's Air Guns and Air Pistols, although with no clue to its original manufacturer. It looks to be, though, the Arizmendi Norica Model 61-F, from a completely different spanish firm and so would never have been made with the Gamo design of magazine.

Iain