Thread: Pedersoli "Charles Moore" pistol

davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world

Pedersoli "Charles Moore" pistol

I'm strongly considering buying a Pedersoli Charles Moore Percussion Target pistol. I've seen one at a very good price second hand, but I'm a little suspicious as to why its that cheap. I've got to wait for my variation to come back, if its still available I'm going to look at it.

Is there anything obvious I should be looking for when I inspect it ? I've bought quite a few guns second hand, and know the obvious things to look out for, but a second opinion would be gratefully received. Anyone got opinions on this gun ?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by davederrick View Post
    I'm strongly considering buying a Pedersoli Charles Moore Percussion Target pistol. I've seen one at a very good price second hand, but I'm a little suspicious as to why its that cheap. I've got to wait for my variation to come back, if its still available I'm going to look at it.

Is there anything obvious I should be looking for when I inspect it ? I've bought quite a few guns second hand, and know the obvious things to look out for, but a second opinion would be gratefully received. Anyone got opinions on this gun ?

Thanks in advance.
    I had one of these for about ten years, and was VERY happy with it, apart from one annoying little niggle that I could never quite fix. The set trigger seemed to have a life of its own, and no matter how I adjusted it, it always seemed to go off at the slightest touch, rather than the two ounces I liked.

Apart from that, it was a very fine piece and I could never really do it justice, being only a mediocre shot at best. I shot .440" ball and a thin patch over 15gr of FFFg - the results never failed to leave a smile on my face, but I got made a very good offer by a friend in Germany, and passed it on to him.

tac

Sounds good. Thanks.

pistol

Hi,
    When I was going through the black powder phase I bought one in .36 calibre.
    It was an excellent pistol to shoot with a light load, I never had any bother with my trigger.
    When I went back to shotguns I sold it to a friend and it now resides in Portugal where he now lives.
    They are much better to shoot than a revolver and are very accurate.

I have just had a look on Krank's website and they are over £400 now.

It's a lot of money for a metal tube and a piece of wood.

Thanks. New prices are varying a lot, one website I saw had 2 new ones that were £60 different in price ! Both new, just bought in @ different times. But I'll buy second hand, get a much better price