Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your ideal gun...

dcy Guest

Your ideal gun...

if you could make a gun up from the best of the best what would it be?......for me i would have the mag of the HW100 in the feel and weight of the S200..with the length of the daystate...that could hold 200 shots

Barrie_G is offline It could be worse...............................
    I've already got one...

Three little letters...

MFR

Just looking for the right scope now

Just sort out the trigger a little. My SS 10x42 does very well on top of mine Barrie.

David.

Barrie_G is offline It could be worse...............................
    I just felt that the Nikko Sniper (21oz) that I had on mine threw the balance off and it just didn't feel right for me any more so I've got my 3.5-10x40 WTC (13oz) on it and its loverly

I'm waiting to hear about a Leupold VXII 6-18x40 (15oz) for it

MFR for me too

was trying to think of a comfy stock, but cant fault the MFR one

Pavel Guest
    But with an MFR you need a bit of a bank loan to buy one. Way too expensive. Just think of how many real guns you could buy with that? Couple of .22 and a nice shotgun I reckon.

Why are air rifles so bleedin' expensive? Can someone explain it to me?

nice shotgun is atleast a grand

Pavel Guest
    Yes of course some rifles and shotgun are very expensive too but I have seen some decent ones go for a LOT less.
    Maybe its the FAC that makes the difference. Let's face it if the law changed and we all had to get FAC's for every type of air rifle/pistol regardless of power, I think the prices would probably crash and fall in line with other firearms.

nath Guest
    i got a brand new protarget mk3 for £500 cash and a rizzini 12 bore for £180 and to top it off a 10-50x60 scope second hand for £250 which leaves me money for pellets. you dont need expensive shot guns they all shot the same (trust me)

FAC MFR (I already had the rimmies and 12bores)
    I'm telling you it moved!

PNEumatic Guest
    What does MFR stand for??
    On the thread title, my ideal gun, going by what I have shot and owned, would be the 100's (I shot DCY's 100) mag index/cock/reload, the daystate huntsman mk1 trigger ( I owned one), the Rapids capacity (400cc BB), and any manufactures stock as long it was graphite because i'm a skinny clunt and can't carry much weight.

DAYSTATE MK3

Hodgson Guest
    Why are air rifles so bleedin' expensive? Can someone explain it to me?

I am lead to believe that the reason why "Air-Rifles" are a lot more expensive than "Full Bore"

Is because:-

"PCP-Air-rifles" have a self contained power plant, which is expensive to design and make, eg regulators etc...

"Full Bore Rifles" do not have a power plant within the rifle. You purchase these in the form of shells / rounds - ammunition

If you purchased an Airrifle and a Full Bore .22 with say 3000 rounds of ammunition each (depending on the type), both will cost the same in theory.. The only difference is that after you have fired all this ammunition the Airrifle is still cheap to run, the Full Bore isn't

In layman's term:- You pay up front with an Airrifle, and over a long time with the Other...!

Well, thats how I see it.

Correct me if im wrong. I'd hate to be disillusioned...

Sam Guest
    Originally posted by swifty
    DAYSTATE MK3
    Too heavy, t'aint got the shot capacity, and it needs plugging in.

Keep it!

Sid Guest
    Precharged air rifles are expensive because they have a lot of fiddly little bits inside them, most of which have to be machined quite accurately. PCP's are only going to sell in any significant numbers in countries which have really retarded faggot gun laws that make it difficult to get hold of anything better, so there isn't much point in making too many of them.
    If you make any product in small batches it's going to cost a lot more than making it in bulk.

So there you go - a difficult to make item with a limited market.