Thread: bsa scorpion

bsa scorpion

Thanks to Edbear2 for selling me a classic Bsa air pistol

Right guys. I've never owned one of these before, can any point me in the direction of strip down/rebuild pointers or a step by step guide?

The best place to buy spares from? Seals etc?

Is it worth fitting a silencer? I was thinking of doing so, to help aid the cocking of it?

Any other tips/advice would be greatly appreciated. Plus, if anyone has got pictures of the pistols they own.

Thank you, Andrew

Bsa Scorpion pistol.

Hi, I have about 5, I recently put 2, Both very nice, Up for sale at £80, No intrest, Not even an offer ?
    Also intresting is that one of them has a ( Very well made ) Silencer adapter fitted.
    I think they are great guns, full power, with a real kick. I have both .22 & .177, ( The .177 is the better in my opinion ) I have sold 2, Boxed mint ones for £150 each & wish I hadn,t
    Pic-http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...Picture052.jpg

I have a number of spares for these, .177 barrels, Pistons, trigger units & parts ( not complete ) & many more besides, ( But ask for screws, new seals, pins etc, )
    I have included a Pic of my Buccaneer which also only reached an offer valuation of £100 ish, Maybe the markets dead !
    They might be worth more in spares ( Check Chambers prices )
    Maybe next year ! ged.

Pichttp://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...Picture034.jpg
    Last edited by gedfinn 2; 06-06-2009 at 06:55 PM.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Bsa Scorpion

If you check back, Enthusiast had the "bulmer does a strip" article and will e mail it to you if you ask nicely. If you see my recent thread about a scorpion trigger that might help. Mine came not working for £15 I think. I think the triggers are crap and should just be a trigger.long sear and manual safety (just an opinion in case anyone gets upset). If I was to do another one Id be tempted to make a buffer out of leather instead of the crappy neoprene thing that Bsa fitted to a lot of guns in the 70,s. I did find that fitting a thin washer on the outside of the hammer spring (opposite side to the spacer) did help the trigger a bit.
    ICON--awful trigger set up---great fun to plink with.