Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D Day

D Day

Lets all remember the boys,lads & men who lost their lives on the d day landings, without them none of us would be air gun shooters.please also remember the familiys of the men lost.
    God bless them all !

Ferretfiddler.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by ferretfiddler View Post
    Lets all remember the boys,lads & men who lost their lives on the d day landings, without them none of us would be air gun shooters.please also remember the familiys of the men lost.
    God bless them all !

Ferretfiddler.

the d day landings.were a time of sadness for all that was left behind. but what of the brave men that never came back the dads,brothers,mates, and uncles,cousins that all died for us and their families.
    but we will never forget. ( rip )

we solute you all.

Ruger_shooter is offline Meadowlark Lemon's Personal Tailor
    Hard to even comprehend the courage these men had to step ashore. RIP

kieran turner is offline I GOT SHOT......IN THE BUTTOCKS

i agree with you all....(defo)
    but whats even worse....all those died for this country and there familys..
    just for are modern government to give this country away.
    we might have been better giving are country to the germans...
    might have been better off..

rip.
    cz .22 ns200/lanber deluxe 12g for sale/luxano 12g/open ticket.

i have been proudly wearing for the last 10 days a neat little poppy badge, bought after I saw one at a shoot on a cartridge bag.

An example is linked here with proceeds going (it is claimed) to the British Legion - evilbay Item number: 150350914267
    Last edited by BigDuncs; 11-06-2009 at 07:32 PM.

D Day

I am so glad to see things like this to day i think it is deteriorating in the modern world but i have respect for all the people who give their respect to fallen heros of the war let them live on in our memories.

RIP heros

my girlfriend's Granddad was there, he was a tank driver but can't remember who with at the minute - he's a real character and I'm always slightly in awe of him when we visit.

He's 91 and just been done for speeding! (downhill, clocked doing 37 in a 30 - not that I'm condoning it) what a bloke!

World war

Not just D'day but all of them.as all part of the effort.funny thing i was on LBC radio other week and they was asking who we should remember as great british person/s.i said all those in bomber command as all volunteers none conscripted. went where ever they where sent.most never coming back lots on first mission. But all passed over for any medals or recognition after the war.bloody disgrace.

Read the book the bomber boys.
    Theoben mk2 Rapid .20 LH Drive.Merlin 4-14X56 IR Scope.Harris Bipod.
    Career 707 Mk2 .22 F.T Stocked.Accushot/Leapers 4-16x56 IR Scope.Logun Moderater.Modded Magazine System Load them in situ!
    Fabarm H368 Lion 12b Semi Auto 28"M'c Lefthanded.Loverly Piece of Kit.

Quote Originally Posted by VAMPIREV12 View Post

I am so glad to see things like this to day i think it is deteriorating in the modern world but i have respect for all the people who give their respect to fallen heros of the war let them live on in our memories.

RIP heros
    me too

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    I had the privilege of knowing two D-Day vets: both great guys! One was a lodge brother (Army), the other was my uncle (Navy), who operated a Higgins boat (every one of them made here in New Orleans) landing craft.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

remember

we should all remember what they all fought for

I saw a programme recently about the Higgins boats being made in New Orleans. It was not something I was previously aware of. I have visited Omaha Beach a couple of times. A narrow beach with high cliffs over it. I am not surprised it was so difficult to capture and cost so many lives. Pointe Du Hoc is also a fantastic place to see.

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by bunnysniper View Post
    we should all remember what they all fought for
    I do!

Unluckily most of todays youth don't!

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

D-Day vets

I have only just come across this post and thought I would mention my father-in-law with whom I spent many hours sat in the garden with a beer or two as he recounted some very memorable stories. Tim (father-in-law) served with the 1st battalion South Lancashire Regiment from 1938-1945 in the 8th brigade of the British 3rd Infantry Division and landed on Sword beach in the first infantry assault around 7.30am. Tim and a pal of his called Jimmy cartwright came off the landing craft at the same time and in the first few yards Jimmy was hit and fell, Tim stopped but the Beach Master shouted "leave your mates the medics are coming",Tim said "I'm sorry Jimmy I've got to go".
    On the 50th anniversary of D-Day Tim went back to Normandy as he often did, a serving officer approached him and said we have a chap on our coach who has recognised your cap badge and thinks he may Know you,Tim followed him over to the coach to be met by the mate he thought had been dead for fifty years. Tim's reaction was "Jimmy Cartwright you fell at the side of me" to which Jimmy replied "aye and you bloody left me there"(Jimmy had lost a leg in the assault)

I dont know whether Jimmy Cartwright is still with us but sadly Tim passed away in March 2009 age 87.

It was a honour to hear first hand accounts, with some very surprising details you'll probably never read in a history book.

I have an enormous amount of respect for are Armed Forces past and present.
    Last edited by nick46; 06-01-2012 at 02:01 PM.