Thread: Beretta 92 sights, question........

Beretta 92 sights, question........

........how much taller is the replacement foresight that comes with the competition sights?

The reason I ask is that I found my old CP88 sights and the adjustable bit at the back is the same as the Beretta, but a new foresight blade is required, which I don't have
    The standard sight sits up 4mm above the barrel shroud. Could one of you jolly decent chaps with competition sights fitted please measure the height of the foresight for me? I can then carve one out of a lump of steel and fit the adjustable set.
    Interestingly, on measuring the existing foresight I was amused to discover that it is 3.13mm thick. That is, as near as makes no difference, 1/8 inch. Odd when you consider Umarex is made in metric Germany and all the screw threads are metric too.
    Anyway, enough prattling from me as you will all be eager to rush out and measure your foresight blades, won't you
    Ta muchly
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Hi, just checked the front sight on my CP88 comp and from the top of the slide to the top of the front sight is 10.03mm +/-

Good luck, Phil

Thanks Phil. That's a great help, as I have a standard CP88 foresight so I can work out the difference. I have made one at 8.00mm as that was the difference between the standard sight and the adjustable one on its lowest setting added to the standard foresight. I'll see how that one works out and at least I now know what to aim for if I have trouble.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it