Thread: Preload on an omega????

Preload on an omega????

Hi Guys,

Can anyone who has had one of these apart advise on the level of preload I should expect when stripping and rebuilding mine.

Many thanks, Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do

Should be very little

Did one of these years ago and it had very little pre load, saying that i would be careful as all guns are not the same and you might not know its history.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    Did one of these years ago and it had very little pre load, saying that i would be careful as all guns are not the same and you might not know its history.
    Yep, it is as barrel says, very little load (but enough to know ), although if an armature butcher has been at it and has compacted in a Massey Ferguson rear suspension spring, you may find it jolts a bit when stripping so do be careful (excuse the fun pun, but you know what I mean ... ). Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Yep, it is as barrel says, very little load (but enough to know ), although if an armature butcher has been at it and has compacted in a Massey Ferguson rear suspension spring, you may find it jolts a bit when stripping so do be careful (excuse the fun pun, but you know what I mean ... ). Atb: G.
    What Gareth is saying is that if a "tuner" has crammed a knibbsy "super monster", or ox "magnum jumbo stopper".....into the poor thing, dont strip it anywhere where you have just done the ceiling

Seriously though.....dont be put off mate, just having a giggle while waiting for the rain to stop.......even with a fair bit of preload from a performance spring, just take it easy, follow the normal precautions, and it will be fine

The good news is the........

.....spring is not square section and she doesn't recoil like a howitzer so I am hoping that it is an original spring Being a cautious chap I will treat it like has the preload of an FWB sport and hope for a pleasant surprise!
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)