Thread: airsporter aniversery edition value?

airsporter centenary edition value?

got a .177 centenary edition airsporter here, it's in very good condition, still got the certificate, badges, scope, and gunbag that it came with. any ideas on a value?

thanks
    Ben

it's got the original open sights aswell
    Last edited by BENSPEED888; 07-06-2009 at 08:38 PM.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Sold a Centenary in .22 for £450 posted (had all the extras: scope, mounts, sling, bag, cert, oil bottle, pellets, targets and badge), so as there were roughly 750/775 made in .22, and only (again roughly) 250/225 made in .177, imo I guess you should be looking at £500 plus post for yours . If you choose to sell however, please remember to start a separate sales thread (see stickies ). Atb Gareth.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Sold a Centenary in .22 for £450 posted (had all the extras: scope, mounts, sling, bag, certificate, oil bottle, pellet tube, targets and badge), so as there were roughly 750/775 made in .22 and only (again roughly) 250/225 made in .177, imo I guess you should be looking at £500 plus post for yours . If you choose to sell however, please remember to start a separate sales thread (see stickies ). Atb: G.
    ok thanks, it will be for sale in the near future, will start a new thread when ready

thanks again
    Ben

hi mate of the 1000 made 236 were .177 764 were .22 so the rarer of the two calibres .177 would be more desirable,as value is in the eye of the beholder from my point of view i would value at £450ish for the .177 version if it was complete with all the bits and pieces and in vgc,i await to be shot down in flames by the experts atb Graham

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by airgunbob View Post
    Don't know where you blokes get your prices from, you must have money to burn. I've got a couple of them in my collection & the most expensive one only cost me £220.00 & that was from a dealer at the Arms fair. Still as they say,it's only worth what a person is prepared to pay !!
    That is a great price ... But are you sure they are Centenary models, not just Stutzens at that price ??? If Centenaries, their serial numbers will be between 0001 & 1000. If it reads anything else, then it is something else. Reason I raise this is that this BBS collectors section has often been criticized by collectors from outside for setting values too low, that’s all . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Got to agree with Graham & Gareth on this one...as a ball park figure.

Perhaps if Bob (Airgunbob) checks his serial No's & specific models...you will find they are Stutzens...which are well worth having...but only normally half the price of a complete Centenary,but if we are wrong....you have had a couple of REAL bargains...& those "dealers" should be kicking themselves..

Either way...they are nice Airsporters,& in my opinion along with the Mk.1&2&S...the only ones worth having.