Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a rough valuation please

Looking for a rough valuation please

Hi,

I'm looking for a valuation on my BSA Airsporter Mk 2, Its in good condition, it has a few marks on it but nothing major. There is a touch of surface rust on the barrel.

Thanks

well I thought at least one person might be able o help me??

Is there no one here that can help me out with this?

Hi, It is difficult to put a value on a gun unseen. It would help if you posted more photos, close ups if possible.Also give a more detailed description. Does the gun still fire? What is the condition of the bore? How does the trigger feel? Does the cocking action work freely? Assuming that all is well with the gun and it doesnt need a rebuild, just cosmetic tlc then I think you would probably expect to get about £50-70 for it. Any faults with it then its only going to be worth what someone would want to payfor it for spares etc. Hope this helps, cheers, Jim.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    why not try a search on "airsporter" in the sales section, after all its not exactly a rare model and there should be plenty that have sold, then make deductions for the bits that are not so good on yours......

Yes without seeing it or close ups it is difficult to say . The rifle needs some work but thats to be expected on the mojority of old airsporters , I would say ( as above ) £50-£70 was a fair valuation .

atvb

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Sorry, but you posted this at 7.52 this morning while most are getting ready for work and/or getting the kids ready for school ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker1980 View Post
    well I thought at least one person might be able o help me??
    ... then this less than two hours later before most are able to take a break and log on to the BBS for a recreational look-see ...

Is there no one here that can help me out with this?
    and all in response to the following which was posted after 9.30pm last night, ergo when most have logged off for the night and are watching a bit of rubbish telly to un-wind after putting the kids to bed ... .

I'm looking for a valuation on my BSA Airsporter Mk 2, Its in good condition, it has a few marks on it but nothing major. There is a touch of surface rust on the barrel.
    De-stress fella, we're not all standing around and queuing up waiting for your questions, but being recreational users, many are more than happy to assist by sharing their vast knowledge with other members of the BBS such as you, but at a time convenient to them.

Anyway, I am on a tea break now, so am happy to help, and can say that I sold a vgc example of a MkII for £125 inc. secure post last year, and one more in line with the condition of yours, for £75 posted at the same time. So £75 posted is where I see your rifle's value. Hope this helps . Atb: G.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 09-06-2009 at 10:40 AM. Reason: spelling error.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Gareth

£75 is a lot of money for a tatty version of one of the most common guns in circulation.

Personally I'd go with less than £50

I have made a mental note of the size of your wallet though for future reference

Richard
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post

Gareth

£75 is a lot of money for a tatty version of one of the most common guns in circulation.

I have made a mental note of the size of your wallet though for future reference

Richard
    Ha ha. Hi Richard, always good to hear from you (I think ). Know what you mean, but £50 plus post is the best part of £70, and the extra fiver in with my best guess price of £75 is to bring it up a notch and appease my conscience as that is what I sold one to our very own I.J. for (albeit a better example) . Hee hee. Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

£50 posted Not that I want it .

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

thanks guy's i appreciate the advice

ATB
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    Gareth

Richard
    That is why so many people seem to be breaking guns and selling them piecemeal on fleabay as 'Spares'

I reckon you could get

£30-40 for a good unsplit stock

£25 at least for the trigger block

£5 for the piston assembly

£10-20 for the barrel/cylinder assembly if in good nick

£20 for the rearsight at least

£5-10 fr the underlever assembly

£5 for the screws etc

Total by my reckoning £100 at lowest estimate ( all plus post!)

Jobs a goodun !!!

And you can sleep easy knowing that your bits probably contributed to getting four or five scrappers back shooting again.....

Food for thought........

Lakey

Apologies for the double posts earlier but i didn't think the first had gone on, so i did it again and then the mod approved the both.

sorry again

calibre is .22 and the prefix letters are GF

Quote Originally Posted by airgunbob View Post
    All you lot going on about a bit of rust etc but no one asked the most important question i.e what is the caliber & what are the pre fix letters to the serial number. I don't know, serious collectors, i've s..t 'em !!
    Shows what you know. In that condition, calibre makes no odds to the value and as for prefix letters, we can see from the photos that it isn't a transitional model, so they make little -- or no -- difference whatsoever ... And as for being knowledgeable collectors, at least we know the difference between a Centenary and a Stutzen ... .