Thread: Looking for some advice

Looking for some advice

I was given an air pistol 2 days ago and was wondering if anyone knows anything about them? Its an El Gamo mod center and i believe it was made in 1974. Its in fantastic condition.

I would also like a valuation if at all possible?

Thanks

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...ess/elgamo.jpg

Hi don't know to much about the Gamo Centre apart from it's an Underlever spring pistol, it began production in 1974 and ran until 1991, it was also sold in the USA but as the Daisy "Target Pistol 62" It also has a nice tilt feature on the grip. And that about it from me, Price i would guess around £80 ball park and i'm happy to be corrected.

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

I might be wrong, but I think the Centre was the same as the cheaper Falcon, but with a target grip.

I had a Falcon when I was a kid. Nice pistols and worth about £50 for a very good one, I think. I expect a Centre would be a bit more; also depends on rarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkormat View Post
    I might be wrong, but I think the Centre was the same as the cheaper Falcon, but with a target grip.

I had a Falcon when I was a kid. Nice pistols and worth about £50 for a very good one, I think. I expect a Centre would be a bit more; also depends on rarity.
    Your not wrong there, apart from the grip and the stippling along the cradle, its identical to the Falcon I have

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

I would say to ask in the collectors' section. Yours looks to be in very good nick and seems to have all the original bits and bobs which appeal to collectors. If you have the box lid too I'd think you could get quite a bit more than £50 for it.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

I have a Center like this one & I think they are underrated. Mine has never been touched &shoots very well
    Dave

Thumbs up

Thanks for the replies guys, i'll put it in the collectors section and see what they think.