Thread: seeking advice please

seeking advice please

hi all
    hope you dont mind me sneaking in from the rifle side , I already shoot HFT but am very interested in IPAS and the other pistol shooting forms.
    ok so my question, i'm currently looking in to trading my 80's air arms firepower with a local gunsmith for the full amount (lol not ) to get a co2 pistol, the one i like is the umarex S&W 686 (6").
    Is this a good pistol that will handle all forms or is there another i should consider, i am a left handed shooter so is this likely to cause any problems.

many thanks for any help you can offer me

spence

Quote Originally Posted by fantom13 View Post
    hi all
    hope you dont mind me sneaking in from the rifle side , I already shoot HFT but am very interested in IPAS and the other pistol shooting forms.
    ok so my question, i'm currently looking in to trading my 80's air arms firepower with a local gunsmith for the full amount (lol not ) to get a co2 pistol, the one i like is the umarex S&W 686 (6").
    Is this a good pistol that will handle all forms or is there another i should consider, i am a left handed shooter so is this likely to cause any problems.

many thanks for any help you can offer me

spence
    S&W 586/686 are great pistols so you can't go wrong there. But do not trade in your Firepower to a gunshop as you will get a fraction of its true value. These guns are considered collector's items and you will definitely find someone interested. In fact I suspect Paddy ("Pad.E") may be along shortly, he's got quite a few of this type of gun.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Seconded,
    The Umarex pistols are pretty darn good.
    The S&W is a good all rounder and can be used in IPAS.

Just remember to Join the UBC (see sticky above or goto www.umarexboysclub.co.uk )

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

already have phantom, just waiting for activation

spence

Quote Originally Posted by fantom13 View Post
    already have phantom, just waiting for activation

spence
    Ooops, Not been in long

Account now activated for you

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

lol no probs mate, have been in and reading various sections , the more i read(especially the police pistol section) the more i drool the more pics i see the worse i get lol, am watching the window for a random stranger sent from above with a s&w 6" in his hand saying here spence have this lol. worse bit is i know 2 of my local gunshops have them in stock lol

spence