Thread: AA Firepower

AA Firepower

Hi all

Guess im just testing the water, ive taken an interest in another form of shooting, so to fund this ive decided on using my AA firepower, i said in another post that my local gunshop would take it in px for a pistol, they have offered £90 - £120, I trust them to the ends of the earth but also appreciate i may get more from a private deal?
    any comments or opinions or if your interested let me know

spence

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Treating this as a valuation thread then (you will have to start a fresh thread if you wish to sell it ), seeing as how the shop in turn will have to sell it on, I think that is a very fair trade-in price indeed, as tops it is worth £200 if mint (and I mean mint) or if is just vgc £150 (have this week just bought a Sussex Armoury Jackal, complete with dummy mag for £150, so know this to be correct ). Hope this helps. Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

AA Firepower

If you're still interested in selling this air rifle, please let me know. I'm afraid I don't have internet access during the week. But am very interested.

Quote Originally Posted by marjin31 View Post
    If you're still interested in selling this air rifle, please let me know. I'm afraid I don't have internet access during the week. But am very interested.
    As a newbie, you were automatically sent a p-m (personal message) strongly advising that you read the stickies/rules (a p-m which I know you received in the last two days). Sorry, but the sticky at the top of this page warning against offering to buy off the back of valuation request threads, could not be clearer, so unfortunately you have earned yourself a weeks ban from the BBS. Rules are rules mate. New broom when you come back however .

Gareth W-B (member of the BBS moderating team).

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Sorry, but the sticky at the top of this page warning against offering to buy off the back of valuation request threads, could not be clearer, so unfortunately you have earned yourself a weeks ban from the BBS.
    Awww, good grief ... You are a newbie, tiz the weekend (nearly), and I am in an exceptionally good mood, so just consider your wrists slapped, and on we go (no temporary ban this time ). Atb: G.

All say ahhhhh! You big softee.

Quote Originally Posted by hwvixen View Post
    +1 Nice one Gareth

Quote Originally Posted by fantom13 View Post
    any comments or opinions or if your interested let me know
    The value will obviously depend on the condition but in my experience gun shops tend to be a bit "tight fisted" when it comes to trade in's.

Irrespective of valuations people will often pay more if it's something they really want. It just depends how much they want it and what is desireable at the time. You often see cycles on here when it comes to 'buying' or 'selling' or 'wanting' particular types of guns i.e. Jackal's, HW77's, CP88's, Makarov's etc.

Just remember, with 'collectable items', once they are gone, they are often gone for good. You only have to check out the posts on this forum along the lines of "I wish I had never sold...blah, blah".
    Last edited by Lumberjack; 03-07-2009 at 09:13 PM.
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by hwvixen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Prewar View Post
    +1 Nice one Gareth
    Hi chaps, and thanks . It is worth us all noting again however, that in the same way folk aren't allowed to offer to buy off valuation threads, the people who start valuation threads are not allowed to sell off the back of them either (see the sticky for full explanation).

If an item being assessed/discussed for value etc is to be sold by the owner/person who requested said valuation, they have to start a fresh sales thread.

This is to (a) stop people who are just generally interested in the value of an item that they may have from being hassled, and (b) to stop the likelihood of an auction breaking out, as auctions are strictly against forum rules.

As the owner of the AA High-power above has not started a sales thread however, this would suggest that he has either gone for the trade-in as he has detailed in his opening post, or that he has not yet decided to sell it via the BBS . Atb: G.