Thread: Early Webley Typhoons

Early Webley Typhoons

Hi, whilst at my local gun shop i saw an early Webley Typhoon for sale in ok condition. This is the 1970s Birmingham made type which looks like the Hurricane not the modern Turkish variety. its .177 & fitted with the scope bracket and a webley scope. I just wondered if anyone here has had experience with the guns & what they thought about them & also how much do they usually sell for?
    thanks
    Matt.
    BSA Airsporter mk2, HW35E, Webley Hurricane

The Typhoon was originally the "super junior", its similar to a hurricane with smaller grips and a weaker spring. Its a nice gun.

Not that many were made (just do a search on here to see how many are sold, and compare it to a hurricane or Tempest) so if you can get a good one at the same price as a hurricane its a good investment.

if you just want an overlever to shoot IMHO you are better off with a tempest or hurricane, as the typhoon grips are a little small
    Morally flawed

Thanks for the info. I think i will treat myself to one now as it looks like a nice gun & given that its a Webley it should be well made. also as you said may be an investment for the future! if anyone else has views on the Typhoons i'd be interested to know,
    thanks
    matt
    BSA Airsporter mk2, HW35E, Webley Hurricane