Thread: How much in parts !

How much in parts !

Hi, reading the thread on the Airsporter Mk 11 Valuation & Lakey,s excellent pricing guide, I thought I would propose another " Breaker "
    Its a complete shooting gun, In good condition & complete,

The gun in question is a " Bsa Buccaneer " I asked for a valuation with regards to a sale £100 ish seemed the Quote, ! ( I paid more )
    Anyway, I thought i would put my prices on the various components & see what the Forum say,s.

Pic-http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...Picture082.jpg

I have added my views on the particular parts ( But welcome your interpretation ) & pricing, As long as its better than the Airsporter Ha ha,
    ( 1 ) Barrel, & cocking link, Thin blueing but otherwise okay, ( This barrel will only fit Scorpion pistols, Buccaneer, Shadow Etc, & another which I forget) Its .22 & you will never see another,
    ( 2 ) Stock, Brown in very good condition, ( Earlier a forum member said they broke ! ) You will not get another.
    ( 3 ) Compression chamber, Complete with piston & All screws fitments ( Working ) Low power, ( It says on it Buccaneer ) good condition
    ( 4 ) Trigger, Working complete, With its screws,
    ( 5 ) Sights, Front & rear, V good condition, Metal front, Diopter rear with the riser block, All fitments Etc,
    To conclude ( I do go on I ) Its a complete & shooting gun, Its only an excersize in pricing but I would sell if all the parts are wanted.
    Barrel £30
    Stock £60
    Compression chamber ( Complete ) £30
    Trigger unit £25
    Sights ( Front & rear Diopter + riser mount ) £40
    What do you think, & what price would you put on the parts, ? Ged

Hi Ged ,
    for what it's worth I think it is a sad state of affairs when a working gun is worth more in pieces and dismantled for cash. Fair enough if its broken/ damaged beyond repair/ unusable or just plain cr@p. I suppose though when people are struggling to sell complete rifles even at give away prices, breaking for parts is the way to go.

Has anyone got a spare rearsight for a BSA Improved model D? Will swap for an MK2 Airsporter
    Last edited by Prewar; 10-06-2009 at 11:48 AM. Reason: to add a smiley face!

Quote Originally Posted by Leicastuff View Post
    Hi Ged ,
    for what it's worth I think it is a sad state of affairs when a working gun is worth more in pieces and dismantled for cash. Fair enough if its broken/ damaged beyond repair/ unusable or just plain cr@p. I suppose though when people are struggling to sell complete rifles even at give away prices, breaking for parts is the way to go.

Has anyone got a spare rearsight for a BSA Improved model D? Will swap for an MK2 Airsporter
    Ha ha, Good answer mate, If the Mod D is the same as the 1929 Bsa Standard, take it off, ( Pic on the buccaneer gun ) All the best,
    Ged.

Quote Originally Posted by gedfinn 2 View Post
    Ha ha, Good answer mate, If the Mod D is the same as the 1929 Bsa Standard, take it off, ( Pic on the buccaneer gun ) All the best,
    Ged.
    Hi Ged,
    It's not the same type sadly , there was a knibbs one on ye bay last week, but I would prefer the proper part secondhand
    I haven't got a MK2 Airsporter either, I was just having fun
    ATVB Scott

hi Ged these just happen to be all the parts i'm looking for,would you take £120 job lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Leicastuff View Post
    Hi Ged,
    It's not the same type sadly , there was a knibbs one on ye bay last week, but I would prefer the proper part secondhand
    I haven't got a MK2 Airsporter either, I was just having fun
    ATVB Scott
    Ha ha, Hiya Scott, I know you were joking, I have a Mk11 Airsporter ( Or want One ) But at that price !!! ( I hope Gareth W-B is not watching Ha ha, )
    All the best mate, Ged.

Quote Originally Posted by grezoor View Post
    hi Ged these just happen to be all the parts i'm looking for,would you take £120 job lot?
    Hiya mate, Your Maths are not very good, ! Ha ha, All the best, Ged.

Pic - http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...Picture066.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by gedfinn 2 View Post
    Hiya mate, Your Maths are not very good, ! Ha ha, All the best, Ged.

Pic - http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...Picture066.jpg
    hi Ged maths never was my strong point you have pm
    regards Graham