Thread: FWB Oddity

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    i have found the most accurate pellets in my fwb 127 were bisley long range gold, not the cheapest but not the dearest either, they out performed anything else i tried in my 127 by a clear margin, although i never tried caledonians, , tried eley wasps even the 5.5 s and it spat them all over the place,
    atb
    paul
    hw 80custom, , hw 35 luxus, hw35 std,

I did wonder if the AA Field were perhaps desined with a more flexible skirt to suit modern pneumatic rifles. Maybe they can't handle the sudden, more blast-like force from a springer. That said, I've never heard any other spring gun users complain about AA Field so that sort of blows that idea .
    Truth is, I just don't know but will happily use Caledonians from now on.
    Andy.

My 127 does a similar thing, but the velocity is a bit exciting. The Milbros look kack and are light. I stopped using them because I wasn't sure if the lighter pellet and skirt deformation you often see would cause a piston bounce. Also they don't all stick to the same flight path, but then, do any brands.

AA's (pricey but good)
    Accupel (not too good)
    SuperDome (Good)
    Superfield (heavy, not so good)
    Milbro Caled (a quandry, cheap)

I just bought a tin of Wasps, the pellets look and feel seems similar to the AA's, but a test will tell.
    "If I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I said" - Alan Greenspan.

Thumbs up Fwb 127

Im watching this thread with interest as ive just bought a .22 FWB Sport and like to read other FWB owners opinions on what is the best pellet for the rifle as mine is still in bits waiting for a new piston seal to arrive so havent had chance to shoot it yet and im not really sure on what pellets to buy that really suit this rifle, cheers Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by airgunner.177 View Post
    Im watching this thread with interest as ive just bought a .22 FWB Sport and like to read other FWB owners opinions on what is the best pellet for the rifle as mine is still in bits waiting for a new piston seal to arrive so havent had chance to shoot it yet and im not really sure on what pellets to buy that really suit this rifle, cheers Andy.
    I used to shoot these new from 1979 .
    All i used were Rws Hobby in both calibres and killed further than i dare say on here.
    My favorite killer was a Fwb 124\hobby\Kassnar combo.
    According to chairgun it should not be effective...but it was,.. i assure you
    If i had one today i would still use the same combo..nice guns pity about no breech lock though, i thought.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

FWB Sport

Hmmm.
    this thread has spurred me to try out some of the crappy Wasps I have left over in my Sport. I've fed it FTT all this time and its works great- but am intrigued now what the Wasps will do. The Sport has a tight barrel and (I think), a choke so that may account for it making the best out of what may appear to be rubbish pellets.

They are fine rifles. I used to have 5 of them- but I've spread the gospel by passing one onto my young nephew. He loves it

Cheers,
    Dave

I've always used RWS Hobbys in my .22 Sport and it performs brilliantly with them. Better than with AA Fields. Hobbys fit the bore perfectly.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.