Thread: 12.7

Has anyone out there got any 12.7x44R brass for sale. or .348 win

Wrong section.

wrong section,why

Quote Originally Posted by TALL View Post
    wrong section,why
    Well, stap me vittles for being a poor iggerunt ex-grunt, but I don't seem to be able to find any reference to a 12.7x44 cartridge anywhere in any of my 'Cartridges of the World' reference books, 1 through 10. I also have Gun Digests going back almost as far as the Battle of Hastings, and Guns Illustrated, as well as Shooter's Bibles, and there ain't nothin' there either.

Please tell us what it actually is so we can help you.

And .348 Winchester is not a black powder cartridge, having been developed in the mid-1930's as the most powerful round for a lever-action.

As for why we noted it was the wrong place, well, this is the black powder and muzzleloading firearms' section.

tac

i got a SWIDISH ROLLING BLOCK which is dated 1872.it takes the 12.7x44R case which is similar to 50x70 gov.you can make 12.7s out of .348 wins.i thought black powder was a good place to ask.

i got a SWIDISH ROLLING BLOCK which is dated 1872.it takes the 12.7x44R case which is similar to 50x70 gov.you can make 12.7s out of .348 wins.i thought black powder was a good place to ask.
    Ahah! Now we're getting somewhere! If you'd told us that in the fust place...

Be right back.

tac

Back - THIS is as much as I can do to help you here.

http://dutchman.rebooty.com/12744r.html

He gives a lot of detail on the type of bullet and the loads, too, but in the whinemeal, I've also asked for more loading detail on a Swedish military arms forum for you, if that's ok?

You can save all the farting around by getting the cases ready-made from Buffalo Arms in Idaho - http://www.buffaloarms.com/search.htm

The two nations, Norway and Sweden, used the same calibre -

12.7X44R Norwegian Cases*
    Item #: 12.7X44R
    Your Price: $1.50 / Each

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12.7X44R Bertram Cases
    Item #: 12.7X44RBERT
    Your Price: $68.00 / Box of 20

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There ya go'

tac
    Last edited by tacfoley; 19-06-2009 at 04:12 PM.

TAC.thanks for the info.will look into Buffalo arms,as that price seems realy good compared to Kranks.thanks again.T

hi,have a swedish rolling block in 12.7x44r i used to shoot,they are great fun,i also have a belgian cape gun in 12.7x44r/16 bore . still got all the loading gear which i would rather not part with but i you get stuck i have a lee bullet mould i had modified to cast a .500 bullet which worked quite well for me which i would gladly lend you so you can cast up a batch. atb greasemonkey

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
    hi,have a swedish rolling block in 12.7x44r i used to shoot,they are great fun,i also have a belgian cape gun in 12.7x44r/16 bore . still got all the loading gear which i would rather not part with but i you get stuck i have a lee bullet mould i had modified to cast a .500 bullet which worked quite well for me which i would gladly lend you so you can cast up a batch. atb greasemonkey
    ...and THAT, Sir, is what this site is ALL about...

Best graders

tac

thanks for the offer GREASEMONKEY.i have already got a mould and have been sizing them to .510 and they shot realy good for the couple of goes i have had up to now.it is brass i am stuck for.but will solve that this week. thanks for the offer though.T

Has anyone out there got any 12.7x44R brass for sale. or .348 win
    Hello Tall.

I'm sorry I've only just seen this.
    If you get a copy of Gun Mart, there is a firearms dealer that advertises in there, I think their trade name is 'Wilsons'. They stock a myriad of cases, many are unheard of or semi obsolete. That is where I get my .348win cases to convert for my 10.4 x 38 Swiss. My friend also uses the same source for his .348win cases, which he converts quite easily to fit his 12.7 x44 Swedish Rolling Block They are very easy to convert and fire form. It makes the cost of buying and importing cases prohibitive and unnecessary.
    If you need any help or advice, give me a p.m. and I'll let you have a phone number where you can reach me.

Before any of the jobsworths start mumping and bumping, my 10.4 x 38 Swiss is a Black Powder rifle. It doesn't use 777 or Pyrodex and never will do, so yes this post is in the right section.
    Robin