Thread: Giffard spares

Giffard spares

A e -friend I know has a Giffard gas rifle but needs a butt plate ....if you have ever had thepleasure to see on of these guns up close , the butt plate is a large slab of moulded vulcanite (?) with a decorative embossed design relating to ballooning . There are some of these originals floating around and also back in the 70's when spares got driedup some were recast .
    Anybody got an original; or later copy ?
    " WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO SHOOT - SHOOT , DON'T TALK ! "

Here is a photograph of just such a butt plate. Sadly the gun is not mine, however I did some trawling on the internet and found this picture.

It would be very easy to cast one in a silicon rubber mould,and then cast it in coloured none-expanding polyurethane moulding material.

All the best

Lakey

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/h...dbuttplate.jpg

Put me in the Queue Please

If anyone gets these buttplates into production, and if the quality is good, I'll certainly be pleased to contribute. Mine has the lower corner knocked off. The remaining 90% is in great shape. Prospective casters can ask me for close-up photos.

I'm sure I posted about Giffard spares before for someone. The place to watch is naturabuy.fr

Ornate, http://www.naturabuy.fr/Carabine-Gif...m-1427460.html

Plain, http://www.naturabuy.fr/carabine-buf...em-703563.html

There are also action parts and barrels on there usually. Most French vendors will ship to UK, although some will only accept payment in Euro cash. If you don't speak French use google.translate
    I collect vintage Japanese air rifles & vintage Japanese pellets
    Information sought about antique firearms with Japanese markings, do you have one ?

My son and I cast a number of Giffard butt plates some months ago after seeing the price being charged for them on the French website and if I do say so myself,
    we made a excellent job of them.
    The moulds were not cheap to make, but we can supply them for less than the price being quoted elsewhere.
    If interested, please e-mail for pics and price.
    ATB
    Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

Herpquest's Giffard Buttplates

If any other collectors are seeking a replica Butt Plate for the French model Giffard rifle, I can certainly recommend the one produced by our own Herpquest. Mine came to me today, many thanks Eric. I was not expecting such a brilliant job. I still have the chipped original (in great shape, all bar about a quarter inch) and the copy matches original finish and color very closely. The details are sharp and clean, but not excessively so. It reeks of quality and provenance. I shall soon have a complete rifle again, the best bang for the buck ever.

MarcDV