Thread: Umarex Red Storm

tomosmond is offline My name's Osmond and I've got a little Jimmy

Umarex Red Storm

http://www.umarex.com/index.php?id=p...ash=5a5d362e91

Has anyone had any experience of this air pistol?

It looks cool so I thought I would ask

I was going to buy a hw40 a while ago but decided that I want something a bit more different from my air rifles (semiautomatic)
    AA S400 (LH) - Tasco Custom Shop 8-40x56 - Rowan engineering trigger - UK Neil hamster & air stripper
    Steyr LG100 (LH) - MTC silver viper 3-12x44

My brother bought one of these, without the compensator, and it's a pretty decent co2 pistol. I personaly have the cp99 which i prefer, you can put on a moderator and different sights if you want, but the red storm is like that for life.

my other co2 gun is a 92fs, again you can put a red dot on it very easily and a moderator, might be worth a look.

all the best

mal
    Did you know that Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.

Did you know that a Boeing 747s wingspan is longer than the Wright brother's first flight.

Thanks for that I will look into it, do you know where your brother bought his from as the only places I can find are american websites.
    AA S400 (LH) - Tasco Custom Shop 8-40x56 - Rowan engineering trigger - UK Neil hamster & air stripper

yeh he bought it in anderson guns in aberdeen, this was a few years ago now. Bearing in mind the cvr bill you'll have to find a shop that either stocks them or will order it for you. Have you tried giving BAR a ring, they're usually pretty good, very helpfull and friendly blokes there.

all the best and good luck

mal
    Did you know that Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.

Did you know that a Boeing 747s wingspan is longer than the Wright brother's first flight.

I have been looking at the cp99 and prices range from £100-£180. Whats a good price for one?

Sorry for all these questions but I want to make sure I choose the right air pistol.

I have been looking at some other options like the cp99 etc. and came across the walther cp sport. What are peoples opinions on these?

they look pretty good for the price at about £110 for the standard model. Also on the website im looking at there are no accessories listed for the cp sport but do the cp99 accessories fit the cp sport?

Hi Tom, the accessories for the '99 will fit the CP sport.

What you have to bear in mind with the Sport however is that it is S/A only - you cannot pull the slide back to cock the trigger to it's second stage for D/A shooting like you can on the CP99. Throw in a truly dreadful trigger with a length of pull that seems about half a mile long, and what you've got it a fun tin can fast-fire plinker, but not a terribly accurate CO2 pistol - hence the difference in price between them.

CP99s come up regularly in the sales section, keep your eyes peeled and you could have a very nice little-used example for around the £80 mark.

I've got both and trust me, the '99 is in a completely different league - the Sport never gets a look in these days. Perhaps I should move it on.