Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vintage HFT Fundraiser

I was hoping against hope that I could attend. Would really love to do this but have family commitments that must come first. Bgger!

I was made most welcome on my visit in March and went away all fired up to produce a .25 barrel for my Webley Service mk.2 ( bought a blank at the Antique arms fair ), this is now done so it will have to be a wednesday visit as soon as I can get the time. One day, one day.......

It's all your fault!

Smile

For all that can come you will be most welcome. We are going to go with a proper hunter style shoot this time. We should be able to put out a 30 target course. Hope to see you there.
    A man's best friend is his weapon.....

BFTO Member and Vintage enthusiast.

And for those of you reading this but can't make it on the day there is a £5 fine.

This sounds amazing - can I come along too?

I haven't got an air rifle old enough, but if I could borrow one it would be fantastic. I have two teenage sons who are expressing interest which is an event in itself- if I promised to keep them under close supervision - could I bring them too?

Regards

Richard
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Hi Enthusiast,

There are normally more than enough rifles for you to be able to borrow one for the shoot. Please see one of the BFTO members and ask, (Ted would be a good start, caddy will you be there?). I am sure someone will have a gun you can borrow. Please ensure that you read through the ranges safety instructions first though!!!

Unfortunately I won't be there this time but we will be organising another in the near future.... watch this space....

We need a few more prizes for the raffle so please could anyone coming along bring something with them, anything will do, it doesn't have to be exspensive, a bottle of plonk, tin of pellets, packet of mouldy biscuits, odd sock, anything donated will be much appreciated!

Cheers Paul.
    TX200 collector, ex - BFTO member and vintage BSA rifle anorak!
    Get yourself something useful.....
    HERE!

Bump to remind you all........Come 'n' 'ave a go if ya fink ya 'ard enough!

Well, turn up and have fun chaps, what!
    HERE!

Well you all have a chance of a prize as I can't make it ( olympic commitments) but I don't like to talk about it. Who mentioned BUMP

edbear2 Guest
    Broadsword calling danny boy........leaving base shortly.......ETA......depends on how many sunday drivers are out and about!

edbear2 Guest
    Thanks once again John, Paul, Josie and all for a brilliant day......great target layouts, electronic random competition......and grilled burgers, snorkers with strawberrys, cream and meringues for afters.....yummy

Also a great selection of old guns being used as intended...and someone managed to center a 40mm kill plate at 42 yards with open sights (you can go off people you know).....

if anyone is reading this on here, who is within easy travelling distance of bisley......get along soon.... as you dont know what you are missing!!!!

(Its that good a set up and bunch of guys and girls that I had no hesitation in doing a 245 mile round trip to spend the day there)

P.S.....can I have the recipe for the welsh cakes

Many thanks to all at Bisley, especially Paul for lending us his 0.22 1907 BSA.

Ruaraidh and I had a great time, please let me know the date of the next one, if I'm alllowed back I'd love to have another go, it was amazing.

Sorry about knocking down the 42 yarder - beginner's luck - but what a feeling when it went down!!

Regards

Richard
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Hi Guys,

Thanks to all who turned out to help raise money for the Disabled Target Shooting GB, you did us proud with a total of £375.50!

We had a great day with wonderful weather, great company and loads of fun with laughter and curses in equal measure on the course! Well done to Richard Chase & Alan Holloway for actually knocking the 42yarder down and proving it can be done!
    A total of 30 shooters put cards in and the scores are as follows: (All scores ex60)
    John Milewski 47
    Paul Macey 44
    Andy Balchin 43
    Ted Housego 42
    Howard Russell 41
    Dai Butler 41
    Mick Kelly 38
    Richard Chase 38
    Keith Attfield 37
    Alan Holloway 37
    Anthony Gauntlett 37
    Eddie 36
    T. Foley 35
    Ashley Holloway 35
    Andrew Draper 35
    Ian Cox 35
    Dave Newman 33
    James Attfield 33
    Brian White 33
    Colin Charlton 31
    Sally Elliott 30
    Mike Edminson 29
    Diane Macey 29
    Helen 28
    Paul O'Donnell 28
    Dave Walker 24
    Ruaraidh Chase 22
    Chris White 21
    Keith Parris 13

Andy (Druid) Drapers side shoot was most frustrating and generated a good amount to the final total with many, like myself, getting annoyed and having another go!
    No surprises but John Milewski took top place again.

Well done to everyone who took part, helped out and especially shelled-out, looking forward to the next one!!

ATB, Paul.
    Last edited by mowerman; 29-06-2009 at 03:40 PM.
    HERE!

Talking

On behalf of Ted and myself thanks go to all those that attended, Sorry I could not be there! Thanks to Josie, John Paul and Diane and to all those that made this possible, what a fantastic total! We will let you all know when the next one will be! Thanks

ARK.

Quote Originally Posted by mowerman View Post
    Hi Guys,

Thanks to all who turned out to help raise money for the Disabled Target Shooting GB, you did us proud with a total of £375.50!

I shall be posting the scores and a FULL thank-you later today.

ATB, Paul.
    Well done everyone that's a great total of donations! Sorry I couldn't make it over. Caddy.

Thanks to all who came down and had a go. Eddie, great to catch up again. A special thank you to Paul and Di for the hard work you both put in to make the day such a success. I don't think there was a moment where Di wasn't running around and ensuring all attending were well looked after. This is very much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
    J&J