Thread: 777 advice

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi TAc

Maybe 'patching' is too strong a word - think thin kitchen roll that just keeps plenty of lube on the bullets - thats why I put (not hard paper) and the base fill is just more 'good ole lube' (Beeswax/Paraffin wax/Laneolic (spelling ??) Tallow) !! Tried Bore Butter & Wonderlube - both were far more expensive & no better IMHO

Remember the RFD that we met at (you were looking at S R rifles for your friend - thats twho got me started on 'patching' Minies
    From his website..

"The 58 patched and lubed mini is excellent to shoot straight from the box but if you want that extra bit of consistency in competition then fill the base of your patched and lubed bullet with some of my lubricant and I am certain that you will not be disappointed with the results. (Little proviso here now, it is not going to make you a more accurate shooter it will just give the potential for a more consistent group.)"

Also have had a play with 'Target Minies' straight sided (with fine groove lube rings) rather than the usual 'ogive' ...... didn shoot no better in my hands !

...... and I never found anyone that could use those .583" H & N Minies you told me were for a Springfield - they all ended up in the post & recast into Minies for our 2 & 3 bands

All the best

Roy
    Last edited by harricook; 17-06-2009 at 08:23 AM.