Thread: Products of youth

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Products of youth

I though Id give this a bump up. Has anyone got any more good or bad memories of products or where they bought them from? I remember when nearly all pet shops/fishing tackle shops sold Milbro guns and also pellets. I think there were the odd crossbows as well. Im sure gats were sold in lots of shops---Ive mentioned a toy shop in a post above and Im sure I saw gats in newsagents. What about "miracle products" and tuning stuff and lubricants?

The BSA RS1 Reflex sight, read an article in AGW, think Xmas 1980. With spare xmas money i had bought one for my Bsa Meteor mark 5 in .22. I can remember being disapointed with it until i got used to it over a tin of pellets (real ely wasps) . It was useless in confined spaces due to white aiming mark but great on rats if you had enough light to pick out aiming mark. I still have both gun and RS 1 sight. Allways wanted one of the Singlepoint sights after seing on a Jackal AR7 or better still an Aimpoint Red Dot made in Sweedon. Oh well nostalga is a good thing,. Also Hw45, when they first came out you could get a shoulder stock to turn in to a carbine. Couldnt afford at time as not working, when i returned to airguns it was the first pistool i bought and shortly afterwards the shoulder stock to go with it. Well worth the wait.

I remember the "Gatts" you had to unscrew a pin at the back of the barrel put a pellet in and replace the pin, take aim, sqeeze the trigger, and only god knows where the pellet went.

A mate had one, and had his collar felt one sunday morning going fishing, he was shooting it walking up a country lane in (Wooton Wawen) Nr Stratford -upon-Avon, he was given a bollocking by this copper, it put the wind up him and that gun has lived on the bottom of the canal for the last 51 years. LOL

Must be great to be old. I cant wait.

Heres ONE for Dave.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm

Ads

Airgun World advert that ran for over a year proclaiming"THE OX IS COMING" no mention of what it was. Then Gunsport launched the OX mainspring writers raved abot it, they flew out of the shops, and nearly every Webley Hawk in the land was ruined by them (mine included).
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Sizerpack !

BSA RS1 sights

Dri Slide

MAG Hornet pellets

Black Box pellets

Tasco Rama

Export springs for BSF's

Just for IJ ----Optima Front screw assemblies that removed the Weihrach 'click'

Quote Originally Posted by BSFNUT View Post
    Just for IJ ----Optima Front screw assemblies that removed the Weihrach 'click'
    You mean THIS Every home should have one.

How about silicon oil. No matter how many times it was stated 'Dont use it as a lubricant' it kept many a gun smith in employment unseizing taps, pivots etc.

ATB
    Ian

Being a tad younger than you chaps (ahem) I dont remember the pellet moulds but I did get a paper round in order to save foe a Whaley Crossman. Of course I never got enough money and I think they sank without trace...but how I lusted!

Quote Originally Posted by Ulverston View Post
    Being a tad younger than you chaps (ahem) I dont remember the pellet moulds but I did get a paper round in order to save foe a Whaley Crossman. Of course I never got enough money and I think they sank without trace...but how I lusted!
    From the reports Ive heard since about the Whaley Crossman that was a close call.

ATB
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    Airgun World advert that ran for over a year proclaiming"THE OX IS COMING" no mention of what it was. Then Gunsport launched the OX mainspring writers raved abot it, they flew out of the shops, and nearly every Webley Hawk in the land was ruined by them (mine included).
    My nearly new Webley Hawk ruined itself, without any help...Stock broke at the pistol grip, rings wore out. & the safety catch was anything but.
    I remember Beatall & Marksman pellets...& those red plastic ones for indoor use, don't know who made them?

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.