Thread: Products of youth

Sizerpack !

BSA RS1 sights

Dri Slide

MAG Hornet pellets

Black Box pellets

Tasco Rama

Export springs for BSF's

Just for IJ ----Optima Front screw assemblies that removed the Weihrach 'click'

Quote Originally Posted by BSFNUT View Post
    Just for IJ ----Optima Front screw assemblies that removed the Weihrach 'click'
    You mean THIS Every home should have one.

How about silicon oil. No matter how many times it was stated 'Dont use it as a lubricant' it kept many a gun smith in employment unseizing taps, pivots etc.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I live just off the M27 outside Southampton.
    Do you remember the advert on the back page of AGW,s for Custom Gun Racks about1978.
    * 8 desirable rifles, the top one a nickled Webley mk 2, started me on the downward path of collecting. Never did find a nickle Mk 2.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by richywilk View Post
    I remember buying Marksman pellets in a cardboard carton from my local toy shop in the late 70's and drooling over my dad's mate's AR7 Jackel with a single point site on it, I only had an ASI sniper then.
    I've got an AR7 Jackal in my dad's loft. It needs a complete reblue, and will definately need a full service as it's not been used for at least 20 years. I remember it as a loud and very inaccurate rifle. The Singlepoint sight it came with was novel, but the mount supplied for it was crap. The light gathering element in my singlepoint now moves from side to side.
    Just as a matter of interest, were the barrel shrouds on the AR7 permanently fixed? There is a retaining grub screw underneath, but the one on my barrel will NOT budge. I will get round to restoring this rifle one day but in the meantime it can stay where it is.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    I remember Milbro pellets in cardboard boxes from the "Sale & Exchange" shop in town, I used to buy Milbro when funds were insufficient for Wasps or Pylarms to feed to my Meteor Super
    Gunsport use to have a shop on Wellgate in Rotherham, the hours me & my mates spent hanging around in there! Thinking about it now the guys running the shop must have been absolute saints to put up with us.
    Happy Days!
    Nick

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    I remember Milbro pellets in cardboard boxes from the "Sale & Exchange" shop in town, I used to buy Milbro when funds were insufficient for Wasps or Pylarms to feed to my Meteor Super
    Gunsport use to have a shop on Wellgate in Rotherham, the hours me & my mates spent hanging around in there! Thinking about it now the guys running the shop must have been absolute saints to put up with us.
    Happy Days!
    Nick
    Yep, the two shops I just HAD to visit as a kid every time I went to Rotherham were Gunsport and Cooper's toy shop.
    When in Sheffield it was Guns and Ammo, 50 The Wicker, before it was absorbed in to Arthur Turner's.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

In Devon

In my village we had a shop called Sagars, she sold everything (like Arkwirghts in OAH). Tin baths, lamps, brushes and she even sold shotguns and cartridges as well and full-strength sodium chlorate. It's amazing I still have all my fingers!

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    There must have been an awful lot of weeds growing in those days, our local iron mongers did a roaring trade in the stuff, and i still have my fingers too

Ah yes! The good olde days. When I could go to the local shop with a quid and get a loaf of bread, a tin of beanz, 'Whippet Breeders' monthly, a bag of crisps and a bar of chocolate.

Bloody CCTV!

ATB
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Ah yes! The good olde days. When I could go to the local shop with a quid and get a loaf of bread, a tin of beanz, 'Whippet Breeders' monthly, a bag of crisps and a bar of chocolate.

Bloody CCTV!

ATB
    Ian

So Ian, you are just a sprog! I thought the good old days were when you could feed a family of 6 for a week on a quid!!

I don't really remember that but a quid was an awful lot of dosh when I were a nipper!

The main benefit of growing old is a failing memory for the bad bits, forgetting the good bits IS still a problem!!

ATVB
    David

Being a tad younger than you chaps (ahem) I dont remember the pellet moulds but I did get a paper round in order to save foe a Whaley Crossman. Of course I never got enough money and I think they sank without trace...but how I lusted!

Quote Originally Posted by Ulverston View Post
    Being a tad younger than you chaps (ahem) I dont remember the pellet moulds but I did get a paper round in order to save foe a Whaley Crossman. Of course I never got enough money and I think they sank without trace...but how I lusted!
    From the reports Ive heard since about the Whaley Crossman that was a close call.

ATB
    Ian

AAH...I pictured them to be perfect-dont tell me they were poor....next people will be telling me Webley will go bust and be bought out by some foreign firm masquarading as gunsmiths....

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    A bump for this thread, but really I just want to say I have put up a couple of shelves for putting some guns on. (I hope they hold as I could not get the dril into the stone walls properly). I want it to look a bit like an early 70's thing, although at the moment there is a bit of leeway withthe Baikal Ij38's.
    Anyhow, among the 44 guns are 5 Webley Falcons, 2 Mk 3's, 2 Mk1 Airsporters, 4 Cadet Majors, 2 Cadets, A Pre war Bsa, various Diana 25's, 3 Pre war Diana 27's (one is actually a copy), 3 Mk1 Meteors, 4 Mk2 Meteors and few Relums.
    Most air in fairly rough nick but working. The slightly better stuff will be going into a rack in the bedroom, but so far, there are 44 guns in the rack/shelves I've just done + 18 small Webley Junior/Diana 22 etc in 2 racks in the alcove at the bottom of the stairs.
    I need to sort something out for later Meteors, Airsporters, Webley Hawks Mk1,2 and 3, Ospreys etc. Sort of a late 70's feel.
    I think I can do a shelf /rack for another 22 rifles in the bedroom but will still have some rifle left over. I am thinking where to put them. Also I need/want to sort something out for pistols.
    Has anybody got any suggestions for mounting/displaying rifles and pistols?
    I am thinking of getting the little Haenel Xv and the Milita on the wall?
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    Airgun World advert that ran for over a year proclaiming"THE OX IS COMING" no mention of what it was. Then Gunsport launched the OX mainspring writers raved abot it, they flew out of the shops, and nearly every Webley Hawk in the land was ruined by them (mine included).
    My nearly new Webley Hawk ruined itself, without any help...Stock broke at the pistol grip, rings wore out. & the safety catch was anything but.
    I remember Beatall & Marksman pellets...& those red plastic ones for indoor use, don't know who made them?

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.