Thread: Pistol Info Please

Pistol Info Please

Collected a rifle from a very good member off here & I was given a 177 pistol by Him as a kind gesture The pistol is a Milbro 1V its in really excellent condition & looks like it has been hardly used & shoots spot on.Can anyone give me any info regarding the date/history/when made I know its from Millard Bros up in Lanarkshire Scotland.cheers Rellum p/s its not for sale

Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm
    Pics
    1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut

The pistol was produced by Millard Brothers (MIL lard BRO thers), in Scotland during the approximate period 1950-1977, and was a copy of the German EM-GE Zenit pistol, manufactured before WWII. One of the problems with the EM-GE Zenit was that the cylinder end cap sometimes used to fly off into the face of the shooter, so Milbro adapted the design so that the cocking lever folded over the end of the end cap thus keeping it in position.

There were many small variations to the basic design (such as sight changes and different stock designs etc)made over the years of production, and whilst these pistols are still fairly easy to find, they are now all over thirty years old , so now class as 'vintage' in collectors circles.
    Good examples can still be picked up in the £45-£60 price range.

ATB

Lakey

this is a much underated pistol in my opinion, its not going to blow a dutbin apart but well made and fun to use. I have an early model, bit rough on stock but metal work top, i paid £45 for it in 2005. No one wanted it! so bargin price, Milbro products i think were allways well made and good value, also have an early G80 in .177 and thats a popular gun i use to teach newbies to shoot with. atb

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
    The pistol was produced by Millard Brothers (MIL lard BRO thers), in Scotland during the approximate period 1950-1977, and was a copy of the German EM-GE Zenit pistol, manufactured before WWII. One of the problems with the EM-GE Zenit was that the cylinder end cap sometimes used to fly off into the face of the shooter, so Milbro adapted the design so that the cocking lever folded over the end of the end cap thus keeping it in position.

There were many small variations to the basic design (such as sight changes and different stock designs etc)made over the years of production, and whilst these pistols are still fairly easy to find, they are now all over thirty years old , so now class as 'vintage' in collectors circles.
    Good examples can still be picked up in the £45-£60 price range.

ATB

Lakey
    Thanks for that this one is like new with good gun blue to everything & little used a nice gift! cheers Rellum

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by fat man View Post
    this is a much underated pistol in my opinion, its not going to blow a dutbin apart but well made and fun to use. I have an early model, bit rough on stock but metal work top, i paid £45 for it in 2005. No one wanted it! so bargin price, Milbro products i think were allways well made and good value, also have an early G80 in .177 and thats a popular gun i use to teach newbies to shoot with. atb
    Great little pistol & it also goes very well with my 70 series Model 79 deluxe rifle & G55 & yes Milbro stuff are all very well made firearms cheers Rellum

If you turn the pistol upside down and look underneath the grip, they often have the date stamped there.
    Atb. Robin.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by CRX View Post
    If you turn the pistol upside down and look underneath the grip, they often have the date stamped there.
    Atb. Robin.
    : Robin just a serial number on the grip But I took the action out of the grip & the action is dated 3/64 March/1964 cheers Rellum
    Last edited by Rellum; 21-06-2009 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Found The Date Of Manufacture