Thread: Idiots guide to classic airgun strips (pt 1)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Red face Milbro G10 strip

I got sent one of these not working last week---------didn't want it, don't want it but decided to look at it. This is the thing that looks like the Colt automatic and is very similar to the Marksmen version. A version is still being made and is sold by SMK https://www.gunspares.co.uk/products/24504/G10/
    A search of Youtube will show you a strip---but this is more of the nitty gritty
    If you push down on the cocking slide button and pull the cocking slide backwards, you should be able to pull put the little clip that looks like a bike chain split link, with a pair or long nosed pliers. You can then gently lever the slide out of the sides of the pistol and remove it. There are 3 screw on the RHS of the pistol that need removing before you can lift the RHS away. If you are unlucky, the mainspring unit will flt out and the trigger spring will flip up and out as well
    Anyhow--if it doesn't, compress the spring unit from the barrel end towards the back (There is a little extension that locks the barrel so this end needs to come out first) and take it out. You can lift the sear off the trigger, remove the trigger, trigger spring and the safety (if they haven't already jumped out!). I'll deal with the piston mainspring unit at the end. They now come as a unit if you can get them.
    To put the gun back together, replace the safety, then put the hairpin spring on the pin, replace the trigger and then tension the spring. The tricky bit is the legs of the hairpin spring need to cross over, so the bottom leg is pushed up above the trigger and locates on the bar for it on the trigger. Replace the sear on it's pin and make sure the other end is on the pin on the trigger. Now the difficult bit---replacing the mainspring unit in the frame!. Push the back of the spring into the housing and compress it enough so the prong on the thing that passes for a cylinder, will then go back to locate the barrel. In theory you should be able to drop the RHS of the frame back on and repalce the 3 screws. I spent 45 minutes doing it, chasing the springs round the kitchen. It was due to the unit being worn and kinked. I think if you got a thin piece of aluminium and bent it over you could keep the thing in place until the RHS was almost in place. Replace the slider then locate the rod bit of the mainspting unit in the slot and replace the spring link. You will probably have to pull the rod out with long nosed pliers first to make it easier.

On mine the rubber piston washer was split and you cannot get them on their own. I got a piece of leather and put it in warm water, then punched out a hole in it (took 2 goes to get the right sized hole that would stretch over the boss on the piston head, when wet. I then roughly cut it round while it was on the piston head and then squeezed it between my fingers to form it, then put it in a bit of tube to take the shape better, before putting it in the "Cylinder"! which is VERY THIN WALLED brass. It could easily deform, which is why I would suggest another bit of tube first. I was only doing this as you cannot get the piston washer. IN the morning when it was dry, I oiled it and fitted it. The pistol works and will fire pellets, darts or bb's in the repeater mode. They are very low on power, not that accurate and I've never been keen on bb guns/repeaters where you cannot tell if there are any left or not. Anyhow--if you have one, want to strip one, you are in with a chance.
    Last edited by ggggr; 15-04-2018 at 09:55 PM.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"