Thread: Idiots guide to classic airgun strips (pt 1)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

An idiots guide to Bsa Scorpion pistol strip (pt2)

Remove the 4 screws holding the trigger housing (keeping weight on it as long sear will push it up, unless you want to remove it and its spring) and remove the housing. DONT PLAY WITH IT OR THE SAFETY SPRING WILL FLY AND THEY ARE £5 A POP AT NIBBS . The cocking arms should come out of the slot now. Id remove the barrel pivot pin and remove the barrel now and while its off change the breech washer and remove the plunger pin to get at and lube them and all the pins. Place cylinder, jaws down on a piece of wood and use the forked tube (SEE 1ST POST ON THREAD) and push guide and spring down and remove cylinder end pin. Withdraw guide,spring and piston. Then piston head is secured by a small circlip ( about £5 at Nibbs!) on the inside of piston and I managed to remove with small screwdrivers. There was a flat washer over it which I assume is to let the spring push down to keep it in place. Remove buffer washer and "O" ring and clean and lube everything. Replace "O" ring and buffer and insert head into piston body. A piece of tube to push onto the circlip would be ideal but I managed with the screwdrivers again. DONT FORGET TO PUT THE FLAT WASHER IN PISTON! GO TO NEXT POST.
    Last edited by ggggr; 21-04-2012 at 09:43 AM. Reason: error