Thread: Idiots guide to classic airgun strips (pt 1)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Diana model 19 strip part 1

This is a very basic strip of a pre war Diana model 19. There are some versions with safety catches and some badged as Ansonia.
    The came to me for checking out and repair and was hammered with Car type Moly grease.
    When it came here, the barrel and cocking arm were already off ( for easy packaging), but it is just one bolt to undo on the barrel pivot and the cocking arm has a rivet through it. The cocking arm slides in a housing on the cylinder.
    I didnt even remove the barrel catch on this , which is a thumb catch on the LHS, as the pin was peened over and the catch looked good.

On this version, there is a bolt through the trigger housing and trigger guard. Once you undo that and the trigger guard to stock screw , you can either unscrew the trigger housing, pulling the trigger, or remove the trigger first. The trigger pivots on a pin through the housing and has a spring on a pip at the back , and sits in the stock. Im not sure if it should locate on a pin in the stock or have a guide pin, but it functions as it is.

As you unscrew the trigger block , keeping tension on it, it should come out and you should be able to get to the mainspring and piston. The guide is a part or the block.
    I didnt try undoing the stock bolt on this gun as the stock had split and been repaired at some time.

The mainspring on this one is probably original as it was a fairly thin flat section one.
    The piston washer on this was just a flap of leather, so I had to make a cup washer for it.
    The piston washer is held on by a small screw (4mm).

Clean and lube your bits and go to part 2

Ps --link to pics on Dannys site. https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....ble-prototype/
    Last edited by ggggr; 05-03-2023 at 02:05 PM.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"