Thread: Idiots guide to classic airgun strips (pt 1)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

diana model 19 strip part 2

Put your piston and mainspring back in and screw on the trigger block.
    Replace the trigger in the block. Locate the trigger spring on the trigger and into the stock and then replace the trigger guard, then screw into the stock and the bolt through the front of the trigger housing and trigger guard.
    Locate the cocking arm in its slot and line up the breach block in the breach jaws and replace the pivot bolt.

I found this gun a little uncomfortable to shoot with it being so small. Also on this one, the foresight post has been broken and needs building up by welding or soldering, so the gun shoots high.
    I was surprisingly accurate even though the trigger was a little heavy due to the spring I fitted to the trigger.
    It was a bit punchier than I was expecting with the mainspring being thin and a bit kinked. I wouldnt try a harsher mainspring as there is very little "meat" in front of the holding face of the trigger.

I think something like this would be ideal for teaching a youngster to shoot, due to its size, weight, build quality , basic sights and lack of a safety. It also has the "FUN FACTOR" that something more modern might lack for plinking.

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....ble-prototype/
    For a bit of garden fun, learning to shoot and plinking, Id say its pretty good.

Just a small update. I took the butt plate off today and there is 24 stamped on the stock and it appears to be a 7 above it.
    Last edited by ggggr; 28-01-2022 at 01:00 PM.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"