Thread: Idiots guide to classic airgun strips (pt 1)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Milbro---Later G25/G34/G36/G77 stripdown ---safety catch models (pt2)

Replace the piston, mainspring and guide into the cylinder. The sleeve should go in next but first a quick word on that. Looking from the back of the gun, the spindle should go into the sleeve from you left,the spring should go on it next, then the safety cam,then the safety plate. There is a pip on the RHS of the cam and the LHS of the plate to locate and show you that you have them in the right place. The little cut out crescent on the cam lets the trigger be pulled and the rounded piece stops it. I'm sorry that I cannot make it clearer.
    Push the sleeve and safety into the cylinder and push down enough to use slave peg to hold the sleeve. The safety spindle should locate in it's hole on the RHS of the cylinder, but you may have to locate it by screwing the catch screw in and gently guiding it into place. Place the trigger into the housing and attempt to line up the trigger and 3 sears and then push the pin through. A drink may help! A slave pin might help, but even then I reckon it is a knack. Once the trigger is located and the pin through, put the plastic safety catch on and screw its screw home. Hook on the sear and the trigger springs and adjust the trigger adjuster up enough to put pressure onto the spring. You can set it properly later. Replace the endcap. Place action into stock and replace the 3 stock screws. Replace the sights.
    I like the old Diana 25's and the German versions with one pin to hold the sleeve and one for the trigger are better to work with. I feel that the later Milbro "improvements" did not solve anything and actually made the guns worse. 2 pins for the sleeve and trigger would have helped and then a decent rearsight with proper elevation and windage instead of the old "ramp" sight in a dovetail or the crappy plastic thing in a dovetail.
    Last edited by ggggr; 03-03-2014 at 04:12 PM.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"