Again maybe not quite a collectable but it is an old favourite and I note some forum members asking for advice at times. So here are some notes on the strip:

This guide gives instructions on how to strip the HW77 / 97 standard and Karbine versions. It does not contain information on tuning nor of stripping the Rekord trigger unit.

Tools required: 3mm punches (2), light hammer for punches, blade gunsmith screwdrivers to fit stock screws and trigger guard screws (no cross head screws), small adjustable spanner or spanner to fit the action retaining bolt..

Stripping:
Remove any telescopic sight and any rear sight.
Remove action from stock (2 x 5mm screws at the forend plus their retaining washers and 2 screws in the trigger guard). Remove trigger guard.
Lift action from stock.

Place action in a padded vice, barrel to the left and trigger uppermost.

Note the large threaded nut to the left of the trigger block. Undo and remove using the small adjustable spanner, taking care not to lose any spacing washers if they are loose. The anti-bear trap / safety slide is now free but held by the underlever.

Tap out the two pins that hold the trigger unit in place. I tap from front to back. The pins are of different lengths, a shorter top one near the end of the trigger block and a longer bottom one nearer the breech. Remove the trigger housing by tilting the trigger housing up and to the right. As you do this, keep a hand over the safety catch to prevent it pinging out. When the trigger unit is free, remove the safety slide plus its spring.

Remove the pin that holds the underlever in place on the breech and remove the underlever, raising it to disengage the end that goes into the compression cylinder slot. If you take care you need not knock the pin all the way out.
NOTE: if you are only replacing the spring and do not want to get at the compression cylinder and piston, you do not need to remove the underlever.

You now need to remove the end block that housed the trigger unit. The preload from the spring is not great but I advise wearing goggles and a glove on the hand you unscrew the block with.

Unscrew the block. It may be stiff to start, so you can place a lever in the trigger housing slot to start the movement. I use a piece of timber about 6” long. Take care as you unscrew the block, keeping watch on the screw threads. The block will suddenly lose the threads, so be prepared to support it with the gloved hand. Place the block on one side. The spring and spring guide can now be pulled out. If you removed the underlever, you can also now pull out the compression cylinder and piston assembly.

You can now service any parts you wish but at the least I recommend a clean of all parts and reassembly with fresh lubricant. I also fit a piston sleeve as a matter of course.
Next post: the rebuild
Cheers, Phil