Thread: Idiots guide to classic airgun strips (pt 1)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Phoenix Hy-Score pistol strip (pt2)

On the piston, there are 2 grooves of different depths at the front. Mine only had 1 O ring in the front but I decided to try to fit another thinner section one in the 2nd groove. not sure if it should have one or not. EDIT--- been told that some had a felt ring as an oil retainer.
    I screwed the barrel back into the cylinder and then slid the guide and mainspring over it. The piston then went in. It sticks out of the cylinder a little but when you put the inner endcap on, it screws in easily enough. I put a tiny bit of THREAD LOCK on the cap and nipped it up with my crude and weak home made peg spanner (a bit of flat bar with two holes in it and 2 steel pegs). I then slid the plain circip onto the inner endcap so as to not have to stretch or force it over the outer cap later. I located the shutter onto its hole in the cap (middle one of the 3)and moved it so it was in the open position (ie you could see the end of the barrel). If you have not had the flat circlip out of the outer endcap, I assume it would go back in the right place. If it does not close the shutter when you screw the outer endcap up, try again with the clip moved round a little. With the outer endcap in position, you should be able to feed in the plain circlip to locate it.
    You can now refit the sear,coil spring and the sear pin. I used a punch to line up the holes.
    Get your trigger mechanism/grips and slide the cocking arm into the slot in the cylinder. Replace the pivot pin and nut. Push down on the cylinder and it should click into place on the grips. Replace your rearsight.

I've managed a quick plink with this between showers. It seems pretty accurate and not bad power wise. The trigger is a little heavy, but no worse than some other pistols. It seems a quite well made pistol.
    Last edited by ggggr; 19-11-2013 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Edit info
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"